2020 Ecoboost Mustang...restoring the ability to browse USB

What is your SYNC Region? US

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.4.20282

Do you have Navigation? Yes

I’m investigating if I can restore the ability to browse USB media full of music while the car is moving. I’ve have a 1 TB SSD connect3ed to the dataport in the console. In my previous Mustang, 2016 Ecoboost with My Sync 3, I was able to do this without a problem. But since getting my 2020 Ecoboost with My Sync this is disabled. After more than 90 minutes with Ford complaining I was finally told that this restriction “was for my own good.”

As I am new to Syn3 Updater, I’m wondering what version I would need to grab to be able to get this function back. The factory version didn’t work, and updating to 3.4.20282 obviously didn’t restore it.

So does anyone have an idea how far back I would need to go to get that function back? Or is my specific head unit not capable of running a version that would give me that back?

Also will I loose all teh graphical differences between my new version and what was in the other car?

This forum won’t be used to discuss bypassing safety systems put in place, there are enough accidents on the road from people messing with their car while driving.

2 Likes