Android auto isnt working after sync 3.4 updat

Your USB hub is probably faulty then

Thats what im leaning towards especially since this happened prior to update as well. So should i buy a new one from ford? Or is there something that is a better alternative to buy?

Only doubt i have about it being the usb plug is i tried both ports with the same result

depending on the car they route through each other

I may try and replace them then. Hopefully that resolves this issue

Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3 - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

Thanks for the link, my escape has a single usb infront of the shifter and a second single one in the center console. So if im reading this right ill need 1 of the first part numbers listed in the attached post but is shows a double usb-a connector. Can i install a double inplacr of a single?

1 Like

Yes and No. You need a single PASS THRU if you want to use the USB in the console, but you can replace the one in the dash with a double and the console USB will be non-functional.

What year and trim level is your Ford Escape? I have never seen a listing for the single pass-thru on an Escape or Kuga.

I have a 2019 sel. I wouldnt mind doing a double outside since i never use the one in the console anyways up until this issue started happening

I got yet another Android Auto update early hours of today on my Galaxy S21+

See my android auto wont update either. Wheb i remove it abd reinstall its still the last version that was on my phone. Is there a way to force update android auto?

1 Like

You could look for a more recent version on apkmirror but you phone may not like it.

Latest version APK MIRROR 7.9.122804.Choose for your mobile.

I’d recommend trying a brand new cable from either Anker or CableMatters (or other reputable brand name, purchased from a reputable non-Chinese source) before switching out the hub. Easier and cheaper. Bad cables are the source of many Android Auto problems.

I think i am going to buy another cable (ive bought 6 different brands from amazon with no luck) but i just used my friends iphone on a 4 hour trip and it worked great with no hiccup so its either a issue with the cord or android auto at this point

Have you definitely removed the vehicles from your android auto app as per the attached?

I have removed them from android auto. After i did that i had no vehicles listed under the app so im assuming i did it right?

1 Like

The one thing that is weird though is after i deleted the app and reinstalled it the app icon no longer shoes up on my phone but if i search for it i have the app and i can open it that way

1 Like

That’s an odd one… My only other recommendation is a factory reset of your phone if you haven’t already.

Phones can be set to add new app’s to desktop or not, if its in the app tray maybe thats what you’ve done.