As-Built Databases

The APIM As-Built database is located here:

Please note this is a constant work in progress, report any issues or findings to this topic.

2 Likes

Common AsBuilt changes:

Enable/Disable Sirius Satellite Radio

7D0-01-01: X###-####-####

0 = All disabled (UK Spec)
A = Sony DSP & Sirius Enabled
2 = Sony DSP Disabled, Sirius Enabled

NOTE: The Sony DSP is the amplifier that is normally located under the seat.

Enable Reverse Parking Sensor & Camera Display

7D0-01-01: #X##-####-####

0 = Parking Sensor Display Disabled & Camera Disabled Illumination FNA
1 = Parking Sensor Display Disabled & Camera Disabled Illumination FoE (UK Default)
2 = Parking Sensor Display Disabled & Camera Enabled Illumination FNA
3 = Parking Sensor Display Disabled & Camera Enabled Illumination FNA
A = Parking Sensor Display Enabled & Camera Enabled Illumination FNA
B = Parking Sensor Display Enabled & Camera Enabled Illumination FoE (UK Default)
C = Parking Sensor Display Enabled Illumination FNA (ā€˜Reservedā€™)
D = Parking Sensor Display Enabled Illumination FoE (ā€˜Reservedā€™)
E = Parking Sensor Display Enabled Illumination FNA (ā€˜Reservedā€™)
F = Parking Sensor Display Enabled Illumination FNE (ā€˜Reservedā€™)

Enable Ambient Lighting:

Note this is the multi-coloured lights found on high end models:

7D0-01-02: xxxE-xxxx-xx

Enable Calm Screen & Radio Logos

Note this will have no effect until you have performed the calibration file update (see the pinned topic):

7D0-02-03: #X##-##

6 = Enhanced DAB Enabled, Radio Logos Enabled and Calm Screen Enabled (UK / DAB users - use this option)
C = Calm Screen Enabled, Enhanced DAB Disabled, AA OE Enabled (International users with no DAB use this option, works with Sirius)
D = Calm Screen Enabled, Enhanced DAB Disabled, AA OE Disabled (International users with no DAB use this option, works with Sirius

Parking Assist Module (Parking Sensors)

7D0-04-02: ###X-##

0 - No PDC
1 = Rear PDC (4 sensor)
2 = Front/Rear PDC (8 sensor)
3 = Front/Rear PDC SAPP (North American Display)
4 = Rear SAPP (EU Display)
5 = Front/Rear PDC SAPP (EU Display)
6 = Rear SAPP (EU Display)
7 = 12 Sensors (Active Park Assist + Parallel + Perpendicular + Park Out Assist) (UK Titanium X 12 sensors)
8 = 10 (or less) Sensors (Parallel Park Only) (APA Lite)
9 = 10 Sensors (Parallel and Park Out Only) (APA Lite Plus)
A = ??? (Seen on UK mk4 2020 Focus w/Sync 3.4)

Hello all:
Does anybody happen to know what is the as-built toggle digit in the SYNC3 APIM that turns on/off the button backlighting on the Sony branded ACM control panel for NA Focus ? I keep making as-built changes to my APIM and I loose the backlighting, so I would like to figure out exactly what controls itā€¦?
Many thanks in advance for any help!

When you make changes to the APIM it changes the lighting on the FCIM? (The panel with the volume controls, etc.)
Do you mean the ambient lighting?

Summary

If so, this would be it.
7D0-06-01 *xxx
Internal Gyro (IG), Gyro On Bus (GoB), Ambient Lighting Type (ALT), Reverse Gear (RG)
0=IG Not Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy
1=IG Not Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New
2=IG Not Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy
3=IG Not Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New
4=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy
5=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New
6=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy
7=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New
8=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy
9=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New
A=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy
B=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New
C=IG Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy
D=IG Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New
E=IG Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy
F=IG Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New

Read the options below. You have a 2013 Focus ST. But you added Sync 3, and other 2018 (?) hardware? If the vehicle had Sync 2 before it was updated to Sync 3, I would try ā€˜8ā€™. Iā€™m assuming you have NAVā€¦

2018 and earlier vehicle without ambient lighting:
6=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy (Non NAV APIM)
A=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG Legacy (NAV APIM)
2018 and earlier vehicle with ambient lighting:
4=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy (Non NAV APIM)
8=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG Legacy (NAV APIM)
2019+ vehicle without ambient lighting:
7=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New (Non NAV APIM)
B=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Single Color Scheme, RG New (NAV APIM)
2019+ vehicle with ambient lighting:
5=IG Not Present, GoB Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New (Non NAV APIM)
9=IG Present, GoB Not Present, ALT Pantone Color Scheme, RG New (NAV APIM)

I have noticed that sometimes when you do a master reset or write changes to the as built that the ambient lighting adjustment goes to dim. If you re-adjust it it is fine.

1 Like

Many thanks for the input - the vehicle is actually an ST1 originally (= SYNC1 with the little 4 inch screen). Therefore no fancy ambient lighting or anything. Itā€™s just the button backlighting for the Sony ACM control panel that is off (rest of dash lighting is normal). Maybe it is just fully dimmed like you suggestedā€¦

2 Likes

So the above mentioned ā€˜ambient lightingā€™ settings are only to enable/disable the ambient lighting control screen in Sync shown here: https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/settings/how-to-choose-ambient-light-color-with-sync-3.html

So this isnt the one causing issues. It could be the ā€˜illumination strategyā€™:
7D0-01-01: #X##-####-####

Illumination strategy 2:
7D0-02-02: ####-####-X###

illumination gateway strategy:
7D0-06-01: #X##-##

Illumination power transitions (for your vehicle this should be set to 0):
7D0-08-02: ####-#X##-####

What are these currently set to in your vehicle, and what are you changing that is breaking this?

Otherwise, the issues you discuss could be a compatibility issue with the FCIM youā€™ve fitted, potentially a setting in your BCM or the FCIM itself. Illumination data comes from a number of different modules including the IPC (instrument panel cluster) so it could even be related to thatā€¦

3 Likes

Hello,

Many thanks for helping out! Currently the values in APIM are:

7D0-01-01: #3##-####-####
7D0-02-02: ####-####-0###
7D0-06-01: #0##-##
7D0-08-02: ####-#0##-####

Iā€™ve just PMā€™d you the asbuilt of a US 2017 Focus with Sync 3, the long story short is your config above is the same with regards to illumination settings as the 2017 Focus. So my theory is this is an issue with the config of another module.

EDIT: worth comparing your ACM asbuilt too in case there is a difference:

727-01-02 0031
727-02-01 2E5F
727-03-01 3062
727-04-01 0001 0155 53DD

2 Likes

Just a quick note for all who may be interested - I tried tweaking the As-Built in my Focus NA SYNC3 APIM to use mixed mode presets, but I ended up with a total of 12 preset buttons/tabs spread over 2 swipeable ā€œpagesā€. However, saving a station/channel to any of the blank preset tabs simply made all tabs select that channel and the channel info was not added to the tab. I am therefore assuming that my APIM hardware does not support this featureā€¦?

It relies upon a 2020 ACM (CD player) for this to work correctly

1 Like

OK - confirmed - I have put this back to the normal ā€œAutostore Enabledā€ setting under 7D0-02-02 ####-##X#-####. FWIW I tried 0, 1 and 2 for this value and they all seemed to behave the same, so left it on 2.

What I am actually trying to achieve is a way to remove AM band source selection entirely and also reduce the number of FM band sources to 1 and the number of Sirius XM bands/preset groups to 1. Is it known if any of those goals are actually possible ?

1 Like

As far as the AM/FM stuff, I have never seen anything that would affect that. FORScan is able to remove the CD and SiriusXM.

I would place that back to ā€˜0ā€™. On 2, 3 it changes the EFP type.(Electronic Finish Panel)

1 Like

Iā€™ve been fighting something similar with a 2020 APIM (ā€œLā€ series) and 2014 ACM. If I load the as-built APIM data, I lose the presets entirely. The ā€˜barā€™ is there but no presets. In the settings, thereā€™s an option for # of pages of presets but it doesnā€™t respond. Itā€™s forced to ā€œ2ā€ pages and I canā€™t select 1 or 3 pages. The setting you refer to - mixed mode presets - is related but I think thereā€™s a 2nd setting as well. Check 7D0-08-02, ā€œNumber of mixed mode presetsā€ setting - ####-##XX-####.

1 Like

Obviously my EFP is the black shiny Sony branded panel that comes with all SYNC3 Focii - Iā€™ll have to play around and see if these digits change itā€™s behavior at all - I do have an issue with no button backlighting on this panel - maybe that is relatedā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I think it will just change the type description between ICP and EFP. I have not seen anything in the JSON file builds other than this. But, if you find something, let me know. There are folks on the FORScan forum looking for a way to have the panel button lighting on (with ignition) regardless of the light sensor action. I could see this being helpful in certain conditions.

B=12 Sensors With Advanced Automated Park System (Focus MK4 CN)

1 Like

Many thanks for this - is there anything else specified on this vehicle with regards to the parking system? It looks like 0A is the 12 sensor systems here in the UK on mk4 Focus. If you could PM me the VIN, it would be really useful.

I donā€™t think so. I think All of the Focus MK4 (Maybe all Ford)with Advanced Automated Park System ( Can also be calledļ¼šEnhanced Active Park Assist态Active Park Assist2.0态APA2) MUST BE = B

If UK =A Maybe RHD or LHD effect?

APA2 Official introduction

APA2 Video Show

1 Like

Excellent many thanks - I dont think it is LHD/RHD, it might be a Manual/Automatic difference. Also, the hardware read for each is as follows - note one is described as ā€˜Advancedā€™ and the other not:

Mk4 Focus 2020 CN Auto:
0B:
PAM Module hardware: KU5T-15K866-CG
With Rear Parking Aid
With Front Parking Aid
Advanced Automated Park System

Mk4 Focus 2020 UK Manual:
0A:
PAM Module hardware: KU5T-15K866-CJ
With Rear Parking Aid
With Front Parking Aid
With Automated Parking System