Driver side camera not working after upgrading from Sync 3 3.0 to 3.4

I just did the update from 3.0 to 3.4 on my 2016 Lincoln MKX and after the update finished and I did the master rest but my driver side camera just shows black or is very faded. The other cameras are also not aligned anymore.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.19205

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Very odd considering the IPMB module that controls the 360 cameras have almost nothing to do with the APIM and SYNC. The sync module just receives a video signal from the IPMB. The IPMB is what puts the signal together from the cameras to send to the APIM.

There are settings in the APIM that control how the reverse cameras are shown and that’s it.

Your problem is between the cameras and the IPMB. The fact that it shows faded confirms this.

1 Like

That’s weird. It has fixed itself as of now, I drove the car around for a while and after about an hour the camera reappeared as normal. Can you clarify what you believe the issue is? I am new to fords so the acronyms don’t make sense to me.

I never said what the issue is. I would guess without being able to troubleshoot it in person that it’s a wiring issue, bad camera or Bad IPMB. Troubleshooting over the internet is like rolling the dice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.