Edge 18 Sport 3.0.20204 to 3.4.20351 question

What is your SYNC Region?NA

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.0.20204

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

Please describe in detail your issue below

New to Sync and new to the Edge 18 Sport. Already had the car in service after the purchase in Jan21 to have some missing features reprogrammed. Specifically the heated steering wheel, and the 180 camera functions (yes, those were listed features of the car and sticker) were missing. Dealer fixed that and everything currently works as expected. I don’t want to lose those or anything else I have by going from 3.0.20204 with NAV to 3.4.20351 with NAV. Do I have to do anything to tell the Updater what features I have, or does it pick that up on its own somehow?

Sorry to sound so rookie but I haven’t had enough time to learn the guts of all of this.

Thanks

The system should retain all settings that have been programmed. Even if it doesn’t, you can change it yourself with a $50 OBD connector and FORScan. I updated my Fusion Energi from 3.0 to 3.4 and it retained all features (such as the EV app). Just make sure you do a master reset after the upgrade.

2 Likes

@avdonr
Thanks for the reply. That eases some concern.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.