Ford Sync 3.0 update query

Hi Everyone,
I am a new user and recently came across Cyanlabs. I am willing to upgrade my sync 3.0.20204 to 3.4.21265.
I am curious as in videos online, Cyanlabs by then had 2019 maps only but recently when I checked it now has 2020 maps too.
Just wanted to know if I can safely proceed with the 2020 maps option or will 2019 be a safer option?

Vehicle Information

Model Year - 2018 (Has Navigation)
Assembly Part Number - JL7T-14G371-CCC
H/W Part Number - HL1T-14G380-BB

Let me know if any other information is needed for a better answer.

Thank you!!

Upgrade to Sync 3.4.21265 with NA 2.20 maps.

1 Like

Thank you @F150Chief

I was going over the documentation, and it says for someone upgrading from 3.0 to 3.4 should use reformat mode. So, should I use the autodetect or reformat mode?

Also, with reformat mode will the sync retain all the functionalities like HSW, Android Auto, Car Play, Heated Seats, etc.

Autodetect.

Yes it should retain all the settings.

One note: If you have modified the splash screen and/or themes you should place those back to stock before reformatting. Themes have changed in Sync 3.4 from 3.0. If you have not messed with the APIM, then no worries.

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing it out.

My Sync 3 is on its default settings, as it came from the factory.

1 Like

You should not have any issues. Make sure to review the Syn3 Updater documentation. If you have any issues or questions just post here…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.