Ford SYNC 3 - Manual Method - Update to 3.4

And now, 4 days later, the navigation finally starts loading. Was I supposed to expect maps downloading over time or something like that? Either way, that’s the last of the exceptions to this working as expected. Everything is snappy and works when I press it now, nothing is disabled. No regrets at all. Very appreciative for this, my “new” car was very frustrating before I was able to install the update. Thank you very much!

In this case the usb was probably just bad.

My car (2016 Mondeo) has always been extremely picky about which USB drives it recognises.
New Sandisk USB3 thumb drives don’t work at all. In fact no USB3 thumb drive has ever worked. Various errors, sometimes says device requires too much power, sometimes just nothing happens.
Best option I found was a Philips USB2 with a flashing light to indicate it’s being read. That’s handy as the Updating System Software message on the screen does not always display continuously during updates, so you can tell it’s still actually running. Old Kingston USB2 also worked.

I mean from a technical standpoint this makes no sense but you do you.

I installed version 3.4 in a 2017 Ford Edge, it brought navigation from the United States and I live in the Dominican Republic, I did it from the application as indicated on the page, but finishing the navigation shows an error and does not load. I tried to install the Caribbean navigation and it did not load it, so I reinstalled the one for the USA and it does load it. What do I have to do to load the map of the Dominican Republic?

Now everything is fine, I just want to find a way to show the navigation of the Dominican Republic.

CyanLabs, just so you know, the link regarding the MBR and GPT for the USB is dead, next time you revise it, may have to find another site to explain it.

Thanks, page updated

Good day, I have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2017. When I updated the files I also got the error PKG_ERR03. I’m stuck on that error when it tries to update the maps. File name is Ford_South_Africa21Q4. Server Owner stated in earlier post 21st May “Extract it manually and edit the config file accordingly”. My question is what should I edit? And what do I change and Put on the memory stick?

@CyanLabs Kindly respond to this issue.
I have recently come to know about the fantastic tool you have developed and I am about to update Ford Explorer 2017 from 3.0 Build 20204 to SYNC 3.4, my main objective is to change maps from NA to MENA region. but i am afraid of facing same issue as @romersonsantana has mentioned.
I am sure, there would be many other community members looking for a solution to this issue. Kindly work on it and provide a workable solution.

This is clearly documented, cyanlabs does not support changing regions. That said you need to tweak your asbuilt with forscan as per the faq

Hi @CyanLabs hopefully you see this and can help me!

I have a '17 Fusion SE Ecoboost that I’m trying to update from SYNC 3.0 to 3.4 and I unfortunately only have a Mac and access to a Windows 7 computer right now, not Windows 10.

Everything went fine except for when I finished downloading the 16 files, when I tried downloading the next step “reformat.lst” I’m getting a “bad gateway error code 502”

Is there anywhere I can find another link that’s not broken?? :frowning:

It should be fixed now, try again.
Thank you for reporting it.

1 Like

Thank you so much! And for the quick response/fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found how fix issue “PKG_ERR03” the 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz (Reformat Tool) in this manual has incorrect md5. I used from 1u5t-14g386-cb - SYNC 3 APIM Software (IVSU) Database - CyanLabs

I’ve just checked and it’s the same file from either “source”, they have the same MD5 hash.
So you must have some kind of “environmental” issue on your end that corrupted the file while downloading.