FordPassConnect in Sync 3.4

What is your SYNC Region? North America (US and Canada)

Do you have Navigation? No

What region is your SYNC APIM?

What was your old SYNC Version? 3.0

What is your new SYNC Version? 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

How did you update, Ford Website / CyanLabs Website / Syn3 Updater?

If you answered Syn3 Updater above;

• What version of Syn3 Updater did you use?

• Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ?

• Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below
    (Log files can be found on the root of your USB drive or in %localappdata%\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Logs)

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR LOG

Please provide any further details below

Cyan update to 3.4 was quick and smooth – no problems. I installed FordPassConnect AFTER I performed the update. I also accepted the 90 day free trial to Ford/ATT MyVehicle wifi and signed up for the $20 per month unlimited vehicle wifi.

First, the wifi is amazing. Its fast, cheap, and easy. Its a much better option then trying to using my mobile phone as a hot spot or as the only internet service inside of the car.

One question is on the use of the Pandora Radio App. Does anyone have a suggestion as to whether it is better to run Pandora from Android Auto (the phone app) or from FordPassConnect (connected apps)? Or, is there any difference?

Next - my only issue seems to be the functionality of the FordPassConnect App. After installation, the app quickly connected to my phone/car. While all car details (mileage, systems, oil change schedule, etc.) appear properly, the icons/buttons inside the mobile app to lock/unlock/start engine are simply missing. I received an email from Ford stating that the app installed/linked properly, and I now have access to those features. However, I do not even have the buttons on the app.

Is this a possible issue with the Cyan usb upgrade to 3.4? The Ford Owner help directions tell me to go to SETTINGS-VEHICLE- and make sure remote start is switched to on. I see no such options in my menu, as of now.

Overall, quite happy with the upgrade – thanks for all.

I believe the remote vehicle functions are a known issue with FordPass for some customers. I’d first try doing a master reset and re-linking the vehicle and the app and if that doesn’t work then make sure you are on the latest version of sync available (3.4.21194).

Also to note: the syn3 updater program from cyanlabs only aids in the creation of usb drives and installation. All files relating to sync and other components come directly from Ford servers. Whether you update sync from Ford directly or via cyanlabs the resulting system is identical.

1 Like

Just who you pay for data…

This is actually a common issue with FordPass, and is on the Ford server side. Sometimes it takes from 24 to 72 hours for all the features to populate, not uncommon. From the FordPass site:
Use FordPass Connect™ For Remote Start, Lock & More | Official Ford Owner Site

What should I do if remote start stops working?

Make sure you’re logged into FordPass with the correct credentials
Make sure your vehicle isn’t in Deep Sleep Mode
Check your instrument cluster to see that Remote Start is on
- Navigate to Settings > Vehicle > Remote Start > System
- Set Remote Start to on
Make sure your hood and trunk are closed
Verify that the Check Engine Light isn’t on
- Check the FordPass message center for Check Engine Light notifications
You’ll have to resolve any Check Engine Light causes before you can use the app’s remote start feature

Look in the IPC (Instrument Panel Control) menus. You upgraded from Sync 3.0, so this will not be native to your Sync unit. This will rely on the firmware version (not software) present in the APIM.

Do you have remote start on your key fob?

Yes, I have remote start with the FOB. I performed a master-reset this morning, only 11 hours after setting up FordPass. If it takes up to 72 hours for all functions to activate, that clock restarted for me this morning. The app list and installed apps populated this evening – just about 10 hours after the master-reset and re-install.

With respect to the actual directions on FordPass:
"- Navigate to Settings > Vehicle > Remote Start > System

• Set Remote Start to on" …
    That option does not exist on the menu. There is SETTINGS-VEHICLE-SYSTEM. There is not an option to turn remote start on or off… its simply not there.

This is why I wondered if the usb install possibly left some information out. At least 1 expected menu function is missing.

With respect to Pandora Radio on FordPass Vs. AndroidAuto… I’ve tested both. Its FordPass by a mile. Audio Commands as well as touch-screen commands all work well on FordPass, while functions are limited from Android Auto. Also, the wifi-hot spot from the Ford MyVehicle service is a better experience vs. using the mobile phone’s signal for these purposes. I didn’t expect connecting wifi in the car to be worth $20 per month, but it certainly is.

All things considered, the 3.4 upgrade is still amazing.

Yes, I’m on 3.4.21194. Seeing that the missing remote-start and lock/unlock buttons are a previously reported Ford issue (with a delay of up to 72 hours),I will wait a full 72 hours before investigating again.

That is not a software issue, but a setting or firmware issue. Since you were on Sync 3.0 before, you do may not have the updated firmware to support the feature, even though the Sync 3.4 software will support it. To get the menus for remote start and other functions on the APIM, you will probably need to upgrade the firmware on the unit, or at least adjust the asbuilt settings with FORScan (or other tool). To determine this is the case or not, you can run the APIM Interrogator Tool in the Troubleshooting tab of the Syn3 Updater to generate a report on the APIM and show the firmware and software versions.

FordApp Remote Start + Lock / Unlock are all working this morning. It was indeed a Ford Server delay.

Although I now don’t seem to be missing any functions, I will run the APIM Interrogator Tool, to continue to learn more about the system.

This community is an amazing place – I’m making a donation, now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, glad it’s working. Enjoy…

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.