Grand C-Max 2017 at 3.0. Possible to upgrade to 3.4?

I’m living in the EU, Netherlands and I’m a bit afraid to update as Ford tells me I’m on the latest version for my C-Max. Does anyone has experience with updating (Syn3 Updater) in a C-Max of 2017? My wife will kill me if I brick the system. :slight_smile: Thanks guys! Cyanlabs rocks!

1 Like

Yes, I have upgraded my Grand C-max 2017 from 3.0 to 3.4 using Syn3Updater…

Don’t worry, choose the exact version of your current Sync3 firmware and the latest version you want to upgrade to…

Be patient after inserting the USB stick into the car… It might take 40 to 50 minutes for the whole installation… Don’t remove the USB stick or turn off the car till the entire installation is done (ignore some prompts to remove USB stick in intermediate steps)…

N.B. My wife was also scaring me about bricking the unit but she thanks me now for the modern 3.4 interface on Sync3 unit :smile:

Many thanks! This feels much better!

1 Like

Please let us know whether the update is successful whenever you choose to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

I updated my Sync 3.0 to 3.4 and it works! Looks very nice. Thanks and keep up the great work!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.