Im on sync 3.0 wanted to update to 3.4 and maps

It took 20min aprox or 24 more or less.
We were under a semi roof… but after the install we went out for a ride…now we are outside…

20 +/- mins seems ok
Perform the master the reset and send the file over when you can.

Well… it just appear the map now it works… I didnt do anything.
Do you know anything about the apps and the selection of frecuency manual for the radio?

Once again: PERFORM A MASTER RESET

Ok thank you. Will update

Ok, comment if the reset changes something.

Not sure about this one, I’m not using 3.4, but I’m unsure I saw this issue in the past.

Do you mean the apps that Sync shows while a phone is connected over BT?.
If so and after the reset, delete Sync3 from your phone and pair them again.

Not sure how many apps did you see while in 3.0, but in my case that I’m still i’m on 3.0, I think there’s 1 or 2… You can check this as reference → https://www.ford.es/clientes/informacion-util/conecta-tu-ford-sync/catalogo-de-apps

In my case, I saw Glympse and Webex…

Ok. There is a way to go to 3.0 and have updated the maps to 2020? Now its on 3.4 with 2020 maps… but I really apreciated the manual selection of frecuency on the radio screen

No, sadly you can’t go back to 3.0 as documented in the tutorial with a big warning.

But, if that’s really important to you, what you could try is downgrading to 3.3.
3.3 has the same look and feel than 3.4, and you could keep your new maps.

I understand… yes my english isnt the best… thats why maybe I missed that. If I do the master reset I will lose the saved frecuency radios right?

Well, you fooled me, your english is more than ok, trust me, do not think less of it. :wink:

Not sure about radio settings, since the may be saved somewhere else outside Sync3.
But yes, assume you will loose them, if you don’t great.

The thing is that a master reset is recommended since there may be some settings from 3.0 are still present and conflicting with 3.4.

I understand… now Im with daugthers on the pool. After their relax I will check the car.(and update) Thanks again for the help, and for your words about my english, really appreciate them. Greetings

1 Like

Sure thing, enjoy the water with the family.

I’ve ran a quick search on the forums and I didn’t find any issues about manually setting an FM frequency. In fact, in older builds it worked ok → Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues - #368 by DimitrisCSD

So try the master reset when you can, and lets also wait if someone else has something to say about that.

1 Like

Im reading the post you shared me…keeping an eye on it if I find similar issues…
While at the pool Im curious… there is a way to upgrade only the maps? For next time if I dont want to upgrade the software?

Short answer: it depends.

Long answer:
2.20 ANZ maps are locked, so only way to install them is to reformat the unit (complete re-install). 1.19 ANZ maps were not locked, so you can auto-install them (without touching Sync3 version)

BUT, from 3.0 to 3.3/3.4 is ALWAYS a reformat, no way around it. And 1.19 and 2.20 maps are not compatible with 3.0, only with 3.3/3.4, so again, reformat and a change of Sync3 version.

Now lets assume in 3 months a new map version for ANZ appears, and you are on 3.4.
If those are also locked, you will need to reformat the unit again to install them, thus reinstalling Sync3 (although you can reinstall the same version you currently have)
If not locked, you could just auto-install them without touching other parts of the system.

BUT-bis, since you can reformat your unit, we would recommend reformat since it’s faster and cleaner.

Ok. Perfect. I am more aknowleaged now. I understand everything better. Thanks for the answer. I will update later about the situation.

1 Like

no this is stored in the ACM

1 Like

To close this thread at least for me, I did the master reset and everything works well… Hope it continues.
Greetings.