Installing DSP and AMP on stock

Changed to line level and I lose my volume control. I don’t get the volume indicator. No sound out of the center speaker and no chimes. No voltage on the speaker lead as well.

Current 727-01-01 : 18A2 1808 xxx
Tried
18A1 1808 xxx
18A2 1808 xxx

You need to tell the APIM that you don’t have an OEM DSP any more. 7D0-01-01.

Current APIM 7D0-01-01: 2A2A 0006 xxx still get no signal with Front & Rear set to LL in the ACM.

Set Front/Rear to variable run a frequency through my phone via bluetooth audio and scoped it. Volume is around 25. Sorry I didn’t have my thumb drive to capture a picture. I just snapped it with my phone.

I think I messed up and told you to set it to line level, I wasn’t thinking variable line level. Sorry.

Good signal!

No worries.

Having issue getting sound through the DSP, going to the AMP works great. Through the DSP I get no sound. Not sure if its a short behind the steering wheel :slight_smile: or if the unit itself.

I should be able to still run the RCA to the DSP if I go back to default? If I pull out the RCA slightly so the shield isn’t touching I get sound through.

You mean the new DSP…

You have a wiring error where the DSP is shorting the balanced audio to ground. You need to wire as unbalanced or use a bal to unbal transformer or line converter. (Here we are back to that.)

I thought the Dayton DSP was balanced audio input?

Never had an old DSP I don’t have a non-Sony and B&O, but yes the new DSP.

I thought so as well, but out of the 3 channels only 1 is working without having to pull it out a little. So I was thinking just go back to default settings in FORScan. I might just get the line converter… was worth a shot. :slight_smile:

Use the line converter with the line level you have now will be much cleaner.
Or…
Wire the RCA’s as unbalanced:
Use the positive channel output (+) to the RCA center pin.
Use the Shield or Ground to the ring.

Discard the channel negative wire (-).

I want the cleaner option. I will get a line converter.

Any suggestions on which one?

I would just get a passive converter, no power needed. Much cleaner and easier.

Kind of like this… but not speaker level.

Scosche LOC80 2-channel line output converter at Crutchfield

Tried this one, but wouldn’t work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00691PHL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking at these…

This one

Or This

Not sure if this matters, but at the beginning of this I did change the ACM EQ settings to 00 (Flat).

If I want to disable the center speaker. I will need to set AUX2 = Not Used and 9=CC Do Not Check for Open, AAM Not Present, non-Convertible, Chimes Enabled

I set all of mine to not check for open so not dtc’s.

i use the PAC SNI-35 on a sub feed from the Sony DSP/Amp. I would like line level but I wasn’t going nuts on that, just added more amplifier to drive the replacement speaker. No issues.

The others will work also.

Don’t see the not to check for the Front or Rear speakers for the 2018 and up ACM. I went with the PAC SNI-35.

Mine is 2015. They dropped some of that stuff for later years.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.