INSTL_ERR12 trying to upgrade 3.0 to 3.4 with navi

I would say no, err12 is hardware corruption

1 Like

Your description of the issue is not clear…

When you say…“My screen started going black on me at intermittent times like killing the truck. When I start it won’t come back on until later in the day when I put it into reverse or sometimes just when I restart it.”
Is this before the Sync 3 Update?
But after you installed the tune? If so, how much later?

Who’s tune?

No it should not, but…it could interfere with the CAN signaling to turn on/off the Sync system, and other systems in fact. The effect, Sync shuts off, black screen.
Have you seen other oddities with the vehicle?
If so, you need to restore the vehicle to production and fix the issues. This issue is not unheard of but is not really common place. I think that your service tech is not wrong in saying the tune COULD be causing an issue. Maybe he could poll the APIM or GWM for the ignition status PID’s to see if they are being interfered with?

You need to delete the device from Sync, disable the connection to the phone, (forget device), then perform a master reset in Sync to erase the devices completely.

Of course, it could just be a bad APIM…
INSTL_ERR12 trying to upgrade 3.0 to 3.4 with navi - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

The last issue you mention not being able to delete Bluetooth devices is a classic sign of a failed APIM. Replacement of it will likely fix all the issues you mention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.