Invalid Namespace Error

What is your SYNC Region? US

What was your Old SYNC Version? 3.0.20204

What is your current SYNC Version? Same

What version of Syn3 Updater are you using? 2.10.1.0 (Stable)

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Have you read the documentation at https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater ? yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it? Invalid Namespace

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below
(Log files can be found on the root of your USB drive or in %localappdata%\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Logs)

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR LOG

No Log

Please describe in detail your issue below

Attmepting to start utilzing the program. Before I can go anywhere, an error (Invalid Namespace appears) and the program will not allow me to select directories for the USB.

Make sure you have net framework 4.7.2 installed and also check windows event viewer for further details on the crash.

Also make sure you are on windows 10

Hi
I have the same problem
I have Windows 10 et the Net Framework 4.7.2 installed

Then I downloaded the files and just copied its in my USB key

Can I have to do to fix this problem ?

Thanks for your answer

What action was happening before this error…

Nothing
I’va this message when I lauch the program or when I click on the button “Refresh” near the path for my USB key

BR

I’d suspect you have the WMI or Windows Management Instrumentation service disabled or blocked.

Actually what version of Windows are you on including the edition, e.g Windows 10 home etc.

I don’t speak that language but from google translate this means connection successful?

The issue is still likely related to a missing namespace of your WMI. not something i can really fix my end. try another computer or just use “Select A Folder” and copy the files afterwards

I suspect it will be this one \\.\ROOT\CIMV2\Security\MicrosoftVolumeEncryption

Yes “Connexion reussie” = “Successfull connection”
Effectively, I don’t have "Micorsoft Volume Encryption

But I don’t understand what I have to do
What files do you speak ?

BR

I have checked this on 4 different computers, both work computers and personal computers and they all contain this “control” so unfortunately i can’t assist any further. your Windows for whatever reason does not have this entry and therefore does not work with Syn3 Updater. Syn3 Updater would need to be updated to handle this situation and it’s not a common problem so is unlikely to be implemented any time soon.

However, although it’s not Syn3 Updater’s problem you can try this

CMD as Administrator
mofcomp.exe C:\windows\system32\wbem\win32_encryptablevolume.mof

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.