Mem error 1 fault from ford site

Hi i’m getting a mem error when updating maps from ford update site.
if i use the updater will this sort this issue out?

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
mem-error 1

Update Method: Official Ford

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

That error means your unit does not have enough free space in order to process the files.
What’s the background of the unit?.
Also, create an interrogator log, run in against the APIM and post the results back (redact your vin if you care about it)

all maps/ sync are from ford website , sync 3 version was updated about 6 months ago…
Version 5U5T-14G381-ET
APIM Model: 4U5T-14G371-GDE
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 64GB
APIM Free Space: 11G
01/03/2022 16:43:44 +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 892K / 1.1G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.8G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 7.9M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 2.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 21M / 3.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 396K / 38M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 5.7M / 3.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 24M / 3.1G
/fs/Nuance/ = 27M / 4.7G
/fs/Nuance/ = 29M / 4.9G
/fs/Nuance/ = 25M / 4.3G
/fs/Nuance/ = 35M / 3.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 8.4M / 1.9G
/fs/Nuance/grace = 21M / 1003M
/fs/rwdata/ = 668M / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 20M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 89M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 132M / 1.4G
/fs/mp/resources = 476K / 71M
/fs/images/ = 11G / 54G

Installed Packages


APIM AsBuilt
DE00: 0A6A05DA5002FC0640C4
DE01: 554B010BC00B4890ACB06E05
DE02: 0000010000
DE03: 00001D8002010A
DE04: 190519052653
DE05: 80
DE06: 0B0033000000005EF100005656690061

Are you the first owner of the car?, do you remember with which Sync3 version did it come?.

Basically what’s happening here is that the unit does not have enough free space in order to process the files at once. When you created the upgrade USB from Ford’s, there’s an autoinstall.lst file. I would like to confirm if it’s trying to upgrade the maps in stages or all at once.

I do not think that APIM model is MY20/+, but do not quote me on that.

hi, im the 2nd owner it came 3.3 i think… the car is reg march 2019.

is there a way to format and reinstall everything?

Just wait confirmation about the APIM not being MY20 before doing that. I do not think it is, but wait for confirmation. If it’s not MY20 then you could reformat the unit.

There’s a small risk for the screen though.
If the APIM is not MY20 and the unit has never been serviced, then the screen is not MY20 either.


It’s a 2019 MY APIM. Not MY20+.

1 Like

Cheers …so ok to go ahead and do a full installation?

Like SaNdMaN said the only thing you don’t know is if the screen has been replaced with a 2020 version.

1 Like

Short answer: yes, you should be fine.

Long answer: Every piece of information leads us to that conclusion, so yes, you should be good to go, 99%. What’s the other 1%?..
Well, if the assembly has MY20/+ hardware, maybe a screen replacement…

Sadly, there’s no way of knowing for sure without physically taking a look at the stickers that are on the APIM and screen. The interrogator log can only see the APIM, not the screen.

1 Like

cheers, the car is still under warranty, until the end of the month and in for it MOT in a few days , so im going to ask/ insist Ford update the maps. see how we go on an then decide whether to update or not…

Ok, if you want to try updating with your current Ford method, you should try splitting that into multiple operations… There’s no other way around it.

I’m setting a 15 days of inactivity auto closure, I believe that will give you enough time to decide what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.