Recent Sync3 update navigation not accurate

Hi, I recently updated my sync 2 to sync 3.4. My car didn’t come with navigation originally but the upgraded unit did. When I first installed the compass was backwards in either north and south or east and west and the navigation was obviously wrong as well but would correct itself in a few minutes. I disconnected the gps antenna that came with the car and that helped out some but it was still off. I did make a couple of updates with forscan that the online vendor provided and it helped some. The compass seems to work fine now but the navigation shows that I am further away then I am. For instance when I leave my house it shows I am at the next intersection when I am only half way down the street. I’ve master reset, purchased new antennas in varios locations, nothing. I have a 2015 mustang eco boost. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 2

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
B1087 - LIN Bus “A”

Update Method: Official Ford

The error is related to a headlamp control module, check underbonnet ground wires.

Thanks for the feedback, I went back and looked at my notes and the error is more exactly: B1087:01-0B

Hi, I recently updated my sync 2 to sync 3.4. My car didn’t come with navigation originally but the upgraded unit did. When I first installed the unit the compass was backwards in either north and south or east and west and the navigation was obviously wrong as well but would correct itself in a few minutes. I disconnected the gps antenna that came with the car and that helped out some but it was still off. I did make a couple of updates with forscan that the online vendor provided and it helped some. The compass seems to work fine now but the navigation shows that I am further away then I am. For instance when I leave my house it shows I am at the next intersection when I am only half way down the street.

I’ve master reset it several times, purchased new antennas and placed in various locations on the car, nothing. I have a 2015 mustang eco boost. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 2

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
B1087:01-0B

Update Method: Official Ford

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.