Successful update from Sync 3.0 to 3.4, however

Hi all,

I have a 2017 Escape Titanium with Navigation. I’ve never updated the Sync 3 so far and today I followed the directions here for the automated update to latest version. It worked flawlessly and updated from my old 3.0.19025 to the latest 3.4 version with maps in just about 25 minutes . I also did a master reset to clear all settings.

Here are the good and the bad,

1. I did not have climate control option on the screen earlier, now it is there and seems to be working properly! I am not sure if anybody uses it in reality as it seems clunky compared to physical controls.
  2. Radio stations saved appear linearly and can be navigated easily with steering controls, unlike earlier.
  3. Maps look better in terms of coverage, though I did not test the navigation with a drive.
  4. Most of the earlier functions seem to be working fine on the new version, even though I am a bit underwhelmed by the background pattern/color options provided. I also don’t see any option to change from the new blue color theme. I liked the earlier cyan color better.
  5. However, the big issue after this update is that the ambient lights feature in my car has stopped working :frowning: The option to change color is there on the screen, but it does not make any difference on the lights. Not sure if any body else faced this problem and if there is any solution. I really liked that feature in my car.

Will post more updates as I drive the car in coming days.

Awesome.

It’s late so I’ll keep my reply short but someone in our discord just said this in response off the new post notification

1 Like
  1. Climate control can be removed from the display if you like.
  2. Yep.
  3. They are, yes.
  4. You can force the blue theme to night mode. It looks better. You can activate the gray Lincoln mode.
  5. Try the thing above. If it still doesn’t work, let us know…
1 Like

Thank you. How can I remove CC icon? I have not checked the night mode. Also how do I change it to the gray look ? are you talking about the bg options that shows up in Display section ? Ambient lights was not working will check on that tomorrow when I take my car out.

You will need FORScan.