I have a 2017 Escape Titanium with Navigation. I’ve never updated the Sync 3 so far and today I followed the directions here for the automated update to latest version. It worked flawlessly and updated from my old 3.0.19025 to the latest 3.4 version with maps in just about 25 minutes . I also did a master reset to clear all settings.
Here are the good and the bad,
- I did not have climate control option on the screen earlier, now it is there and seems to be working properly! I am not sure if anybody uses it in reality as it seems clunky compared to physical controls.
- Radio stations saved appear linearly and can be navigated easily with steering controls, unlike earlier.
- Maps look better in terms of coverage, though I did not test the navigation with a drive.
- Most of the earlier functions seem to be working fine on the new version, even though I am a bit underwhelmed by the background pattern/color options provided. I also don’t see any option to change from the new blue color theme. I liked the earlier cyan color better.
- However, the big issue after this update is that the ambient lights feature in my car has stopped working The option to change color is there on the screen, but it does not make any difference on the lights. Not sure if any body else faced this problem and if there is any solution. I really liked that feature in my car.
Will post more updates as I drive the car in coming days.