Sync 3 Region change, NA to AZ

What is your SYNC Region? ANZ

What was your Old SYNC Version? North America

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.0.19205

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

PASTE LOG HERE

Please describe in detail your issue below
I have a 2019 F350 in Australia, I am going to update Sync3 with Australian maps. I selected Map version 2.2 (2020) Will these maps load?
Also do I need to change my region in Forscan or leave as is?
Thank you.

The maps are 2.20 for ANZ. These will load, you will need to preform a reformat to go to 3.4 and the new maps included. Do not use a forced reformat, just let the app autodetect the mode.
You will need to change the region to AS (4153) with FORScan.

1 Like

Thanks, I have loaded 3.4.20351 onto my usb, so now I just plug in the usb and let it run. Do I change the region in forscan before or after the upload. What part of forscan will in find the region.

Either before or after, but I find afterwards seems to work better. Remember to do a master reset after changing the region.

The region setting you want is in the APIM.

Thanks for the advice, only other issue I have now is Forscan cannot identify my adapter.

What adapter do you have?

@Marko ,

Did you resolve your issue?

Hi, sorry for the late update, I did manage to get the adapter to work but never did the update, I’d like to be a bit more familiar with forscan. I’m actually in the middle of a repower project on my boat and this has gone onto the back burner for while. I’ll post an update when I get back onto it, thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.