Sync 3 update ~ bricked - please help

Please try another USB and also make sure that you don’t have any security software that could be interfering with the copy process.

Please also try the beta
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/750789305521143950/768587771395833856/1.0.2.0-Pre-Release-v1.exe

I have tried another USB. I’ve also tried another PC & the other USB on the 2nd PC.

I haven’t tried the above “check to see if the file is blocked” yet.

But it downloads fine -
Just issues copying to the USB. It just stops.

Please try & Let me know if you were able to download and copy to a usb no problem!?!

ofcourse i have tested my application it works fine, some users are having similiar issues though, most fixed it by using another USB and a decent antivirus program that is well known.

try the beta linked above.

Not a bug. This is a permission, AV, or hardware issue. I think it might be that the files are being marked as unsafe downloads, or something like that, and are quarantined or marked so you can’t do anything with them. That’s why I asked about the block in the properties dialogue.

I removed the antivirus software.
Same issue.

So I have managed to move from the Download file to the USB manually.

Before I try & install in my system -

Can I go from 3.4.2016 (current version) (keep existing maps - which caused an issue with navigation)
to 3.4.2016 current version WITH navigation?
Or Do I need to downgrade first?

No. The Antivirus didn’t have this option :man_shrugging:t2: / it doesn’t have an unblock option as you have shown.

Thanks thou.

I had to first update to the newer version with Sync.
The config stopped mid copy on the same location (diff USB & no antivirus).
Moving the files manually to the SyncMyRide folder… worked.

However, I had to “upgrade twice”

• install once, and then reinsert the USB - the second time, navigation worked.

So thank you for replying & your help.

2 Likes