SYNC Upgrade Stuck

Had a buddy come over with an 2015 ST that he had installed a Sync 3 system into. He was having issues. I used ForScan to update his APIM settings. He was also having a navigation fault come up so I thought the best thing would be to downgrade to 3.3 and then back up to 3.4. When his gave me the error screen, I tried the same in the 2017 RS and had the same result. I never altered the USB from one car to the next, plus I had the other USB drive installed. Not sure exactly what was the culprit, but we’re making progress now.

For installing 3.4 onto an ST (it has the SD card for NAV) what are the proper NAV choices? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You should be careful when it comes to using one USB stick made for a certain car on another. Settings like region, navigation capability and previous SYNC version will all have an effect on whether or not it will succeed.

I am not too familiar with navigation on cars that used SD cards in the past. SYNC 3 uses on-board storage for navigation and so you do not need the SD card anymore. Successful installation just depends on how much on-board storage the APIM has. For NA you will need an APIM with at least 32GB of eMMC storage to use navigation.

1 Like

Got an error code with NAV. Now trying without NAV on the ST. The RS loaded fine with NAV and is running perfect again. Thanks and cheers! :facepunch:

Great news. If it produced an error on a nav package then the system most likely isn’t nav compatible and it ran out of space. Installing without nav packages should work just fine.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.