Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

You have them listed on the right of the screenshot you cut off…

I read through the directions but some of the links were changed. I have a 2017 USA Lincoln MKZ and successfully update from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 build build 19274 (according to the installer, the later is bugged). To do the the Calm screen do I need to just follow the directions above but get the latest version of Forscan and get the extended license?

The theme for my radio is the Lincoln Nautilus theme and my ultimate goal is to change that after I familiarize myself with this a bit better.

That is correct. Try enabling it in AsBuilt before going down the firmware update process in case it is already enabled.

Which links are broken?

I actually meant that directions have changed.
" Forscan experimental version 2.4.1 is needed, available here:
https://forscan.org/download.html "

Which leads to this:
“Forscan beta 2.4.1 requires a paid for extended license to download additional firmware files, and enforces the use of specific adapters (including OBDLink EX)”

1 Like

I tried to do that using 2.4.2 and almost bricked my APIM in my Ford Fusion. Got it back but the calibration files now shows some strange files… Will be defaulting it back later to original files

Its an old screenshot, need later versions.
Something like
1U5T-14G374-EK

1U5T-14G375-DA
but i’m unsure

1U5T-14G375-DA.VBF (709 Bytes) 1U5T-14G374-EK.VBF (754.4 KB)

1 Like

Looks like a striked out, got a black screen :frowning:
Tried 1u5T-14G374EK & 1u5T-14G374-DA
Didn’t get a chance to program the 375 file
Any suggestions

Fixed it, luckly using the 2.4.0 beta/test and original files dl through 2.4.2.
For some reason the newer version would flash but still black screen.

Same thing I got going to -EK. I got -EE to work but found no benefit to it so went back to 1u5T-14G374-DA and 1u5T-14G375-DA.

What vehicle and year? Is the APIM OE with the car? I’ve seen a lot of folks with pre-2018 APIM’s have issues upgrading the firmware. Seems like the 3.2+ OE units do a lot better at this.

Hi no, retrofit but it was out of a 2017 Focus.
I don’t know if this matters but I’m in Australia.
I know some parts of the firmware are unit based on region
This was my version, before updating to 3.4

Hi

short questions,

1. Forscan will suggest best software for my APIM or I need to choose it from the list?
  2. how long it will take approximately to update firmware with STN2120 via forscan

thank you in advance

The latest firmware should automatically be selected for you from the list. You should save your current as built before flashing the firmware.

Not sure how long it would take with that adapter as I’ve only used the recommended ones listed on this site.

When I tried flashing modules it took about 5 minutes each.

Hi

thank you for your reply

do you think that there is a sense to upgrade firmware in such situation like in the picture?

It seems like most of the firmware is already the latest one available. This is also what I get when I go to the firmware update page for my APIM. I would recommend just leaving it as is if it is working in order to avoid possible bricking.

Thank you for replay. I will leave it like it is.

1 Like

The firmware upgrade process failed for me. Can my APIM be saved, or did I just destroy it?

1 Like

Most likely we can rescue it…
What model vehicle and year? Region?
Can you post what you did and the version you tried to go from and to?
Do you have the original Calibration files?
Can you post the current screen like above?
Did you use FORScan 2.4.2 ?

2016 F-150 XLT w/Navigation
United States

I followed the instructions, ran the test (it passed), then proceeded to program:

…somewhere along the way it just failed and the APIM was no longer detected by the PCM or other modules.

I am having trouble finding a place to download the original calibration files. All previous links reference a site that no longer publicly hosts the files, and the Ford Tech website can’t seem to find any file I search for.

I used FORscan 2.4.2 to update the firmware on the APIM. I was able to use it on several other modules first.

I am using an EX adapter. I do have the as-built file from Ford and I do have a saved vehicle profile in FORscan that has helped a little.

Unfortunately, I found all of the truly useful information, including what I should have done differently, after I bricked the APIM.

I will PM you later with a recovery plan. I have the files you need.