Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Ok, I should have done this update earlier.

Anyway by changing the value in APIM AsBuit I got some of the radio logos of my country and calm screen, but they’re gone after a master reset.

Wait and see than.

You will need to upgrade the firmware to make them permanent.

1 Like

Yes I know that. :innocent:

Hello, is it possible to update the firmware using Ford FDRS?

Thank you

I think, the FDRS uses the J2534 adapter which is compatible with ForScan, maybe try using your adapter on ForScan, not sure how you do it with FDRS it self.

I work at Ford CR.
I have a VCMM unit. It works great.

There is only an update or system configuration in the Ford FDRS. When a software update is not available, I give the configuration, and it downloads and uploads something. I think it’s firmware, but I have no way to verify it.

2019 F150 APIM pics for those who can use them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kfOYRjhwqybclVITH1zWbcFHOJk_hmN2?usp=sharing

32GB US NA. I have the same unit in my 2015.

1 Like

Ahhh, I got this error after I bricked my APIM and recovered it. Everything worked great so I didn’t stress out. I’ll try this. Odd that this is the only place a resolution to this issue exist. “U2100:00-08”. I typed that as it isn’t found in full on google so anyone having that issue will probably find it now.

Update: yeah, this fixed the issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Do you think OBDLink MX (bluetooth) is appropriate for the job also???
If not for the current job, do you suggest it for common forscan tasks (as build nods etc)

1 Like

It is not recommended by FORScan or OBDLink to use Bluetooth for programming modules. Although some folks have had success with it, there are inherent risks in using wireless technology for this task.

There are several OBDLink EX on eBay Markets for less than $50 US.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure forscan won’t allow module updates over Bluetooth adapters

Only in the new versions. If someone has an older version, they can. I don’t know what version they started this…

I ve been using the MX for simple forscan tasks like activating ac icon on sync3 screen or activating fog lamps cornering, but my feeling was that it suffers kind of delays in responding etc, so I have to think going for the usb/cable version.

1 Like

Hi x-x,
At the moment there is an really good offer at oblink.com so it is around 34$ in the US. OBDLink® EX - OBD2 Adapter For ELM327 & FORScan
Even with shipping the price is ok for EU people,
Check for the OBDLINK EX, perform the update of the EX to the latest firmware. Install the recent FTDI driver and set the delay to 1ms in the port settings.
BR Dirk

4 Likes

Can I freely post forscan test versions here? or is against rules?

The FORScan folks don’t publicly distribute the test versions on their own site so you really shouldn’t post them here either.

The FORScan team is working on a re-release of the software and we are honoring the teams request not to distribute the software until such a time as they are comfortable releasing it again.

2 Likes

Hello.
How did I buy OBDLINK EX on oblink.com do I have to change the firmware to the latest?

I want to update my APIM firmware by forscan. Does it mean it will be MY20 and I cant use reformat tool?