Updating Sync3 Version 2.0 Build 16074 using Fords SYNC3 v3.0.20204

What is your SYNC Region? US

**Do you have Navigation?**NO

What region is your SYNC APIM?

What was your old SYNC Version? 2.0.16074

What is your new SYNC Version? 3.3.19052

**Do you have a error message, if so what is it?**NO

How did you update, Ford Website / CyanLabs Website / Syn3 Updater? Syn3 Updater

If you answered Syn3 Updater above;

• **What version of Syn3 Updater did you use?**2.10.60

• **Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ?**NO

• Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below
    (Log files can be found on the root of your USB drive or in %localappdata%\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Logs)

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR LOG

Own 2017 Ford Expedition which Syn3 has never been updated. Went to Fords website and they offered version 3.0.20204. Tried several times to update and it never would. Screen would just say “Updating System Software” for over an hour, two tries. Chatted with Ford and a phone call to Ford did not help. The last guy I spoke to suggested I let it run until it updates, so I let my last try run for 3 hours in my driveway, and still updating at that time so shut it down and did a master reset. Found references to CyanLabs on a TY video, so thought what the hell. Using their Sync3 Updater I downloaded Version 3.3.19052 to my flash drive. Turn the vehicle on and put the flash drive in the USB port. Within 15 minutes it had updated to the newer version 3.3.19052. So much for Fords files and their support staff, worthless. If you have this problem just go to CyanLabs and use there Sync 3 Updater. Everything is working fine in my Expedition, phone, Pandora app, voice response, the whole ball of wax.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community and thank you for the feedback. Happy to hear it’s all working well for you.

The Ford packaged updates sometimes have issues that are not accounted for within Ford’s development processes, and updating from Sync 3 version 2.0 to the current Sync 3.0 version is one of them. (It’s a storage format issue.) However, it will probably never be addressed since Sync 3.0 will be end of life in the near future.

Sync 3.2+ (3.2,3.3,3.4) will continue for a number of years yet, but with the production of Sync 4, probably no new feature development. Lincoln has moved to Sync 4 for all vehicles for MY2022, Ford will follow soon.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.