Using software for two SUV's one 3.0 other 3.4 Map update

What is your SYNC Region? NA

Do you have Navigation? Yes

What region is your SYNC APIM? NA

What was your old SYNC Version? 3.0

I have my 2018 Edge upgraded to the newer 3.4 with the Map 2020. My Wife does not like the look or feel of 3.4 so she is still on the original software for her 2017 Explorer on 3.0 with the original maps. The current Cyan Software has all the information for my Edge. Is there anything special I need to do for a map update just for my wife to the 2020 version? I just want to make sure I do not upgrade her to 3.4.

Thanks

You can’t install these maps on a 3.0, you need to go at least up to 3.3.
If I’m not mistaken, the look of 3.3 is pretty similar to 3.0, just wait for confirmation.

But, if she does not like it, you can’t go back to 3.0.

3.3 is the same “look and feel” as 3.0 but the latest 3.3 build is actually older than the latest 3.0 build and it’s no longer being updated. You can update to 3.3 and install the latest maps, but you will get no further SYNC/voice updates.

Agreed.

Not sure how important are native maps to you, but 3.0 is still getting updates…

You know the saying, if it’s not broken…

2 Likes

As @SaNdMaN states, the newer maps (NA 2.20) are not compatible with Sync 3.0. The latest maps for that version are NA 1.19 (JR3T-14G421-CE, Pre18.5 NA.1.19) (09.08.2019). Unfortunately, the Sync 3.0 maps are ESN locked and require purchase from Ford. Ford - Sync3 Map Update (syncnavigation.com)

The latest Sync app version is 3.0.20204 (JR3T-14G381-AX). This can be downloaded at https://owner.ford.com/ thru your account.

Thanks I did check the Ford site and it shows that the newest version I can get is SYNC3 v3.0.20204. I just need to use the Syn3 software to update to 3.3 and use the 2.20 map and I should all be good then right?

Sync 3.3 is very close to the look and feel of 3.0, so I would say yes, update to 3.3 and use the 2.20 maps. Follow the instructions and all should go well. It should take about 1/2 hour for the update. Make sure the vehicle ignition is on throughout the update.

@veener79 how did it go?

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.