Wiring diagram for JA1T-14G229-AJ

Some Mondeos also have rear heated seats to it could be for that, I am gonna get all the wiring diagrams for this car and see if I can find a good tap point for the HS3 line

There is also a slight chance you would need to upgrade the GWM. I would also check to see if there is a newer calibration for it also.

The 2016 never came with a TCU as an option but it should be easy to add. I know it can be done in a 2016 Explorer so I can’t imagine it would be any different.

If you come across the calibration then I’ll give it a try

You would have to see if one is available with Forscan.

Looking at the diagrams, it seems the 2016 did have a tcu (located on drivers rear, opposite of dsp location)

I’ll probably look for this connector and the DSP connector when I go check it out before doing an update on the gateway

Might have found the test port on the fusion, it’s about the dlc and it’s connector C237, it’s an HS3 test connector 4 pins. Hope this is what I need to get this working

Just confirmed that the connector is there and I have the pin outs so next I’m gonna try to connect the module

Good call. That should work. Make sure to twist your Canbus wires and always use solder.

just tried even with no power and connecting, module still shut down the can bus, gonna order an american module and try with that next, last thing i wanna do is attempt an update and it completely bricks the gateway

Either you have the wiring wrong or the TCU is defective.

TCU Connector C4803A:
Pin 1 = VBATT +12VDC
Pin 13 = GND
Pin 8 = HS3 CAN + -->. HS3 CAN-Bus Test connector Pin 1
Pin 16 = HS3 CAN – → HS3 CAN-Bus Test connector Pin 2

This is for an F150, but the connector should be similar.

Your diagram matched mine perfectly and I plugged in the pins right, I’m guessing bad TCU, I’m gonna pick up another one. You wouldn’t happen to know if a US TCU would be compatible for use in Canada would ya?

Maybe after I get a new TCU I could possibly send you mine and see if you can find out why it don’t work at all?

The Canadian and US TCU’s for the J and K series are not interchangeable, but would not cause the CAN issue. The difference is in the FANW module programming for the cellular carrier bands. You can’t change it. On earlier TCU’s this was not the case. You will need to source a Canadian TCU, the Cert Model is TCU-B1. The US TCU is B2.

Here is a pic of the test connector for the F-150’s. Yours would be similar.

The mate for the 4 pin connector is this:

Connector is the same but is a b**** to get to, not much slack in the harness, finding a Canadian TCU is not as easy as us ones but I do want to get the j series so I’ll keep my eyes peeled

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.