2017 mkz blind spot audio

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any way I can modify my mkz to start playing some kind of chime when my signal is on and somebody is in my blind spot. Its kind of annoying that lincoln decided to opt out of having that chime. If you guys know how to do that please let me know, youll be a life saver. literally.

Ford/Lincoln doesn’t have that as an option.
Their use scenario is that you check your mirror before changing lanes (where you would see the warning LED), can you imagine the tone constantly going off when driving down a multi-lane highway with traffic?

Well I meant that when there is somebody in my blindspot and I turn on my signal to merge, id like to have some kind of audio going off instead of just a blinking LED. I know many other car manufacturers have this as an option, and I want to know if theres a way where I can modify it to do the chine.

I to have wished Ford would have made this an option to turn off or on.

Its one of those things like number of flashes on the momentary turn signal press, how many people will actually set it, how many will think of it as an annoyance, how many dealer in warranty problems will it cause due to people not reading the manual.

Personally my self I’d rather they moved the yellow warning LED from the mirror to the internal A pillar like Nissan. It’s in the driver’s line of vision and you don’t have the driver in another car assuming that the you know they are there because they can see the yellow LED on the mirror.

On the manufacturing side it removes the need for the special mirror glass that has the BLIS LED and it becomes a snap in on the A pillar trim.

Ideally people would use their driver’s education training to look before they change lanes, rather than just blindly relying on technology.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.