2020 APIM/Screen and 2020 ACM Compatibility

ACM 727-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx - Front/Rear Satellite Speakers (Internal Amp, External Variable, Fixed Line Level, Not Used, Reserved)

Sony systems are ‘A’, not sure about B&O but suspect the same.

2 Likes

My SD as-built has a “F” and it has a B&O system. The Expedition has a “A” and also has a B&O system installed.

I may have a related problem so hoping for some help or ideas… We have a 2014 Fusion and the original ACM. I recently upgraded the APIM, screen, and control panel/faceplate from a 2020 Fusion. Everything is working well, except Sirius. The button on the Sync 3 screen does nothing but I can switch to Sirius using the steering wheel controls. I only get the free preview channel though. Our saved presets appear but do nothing and the channel guide/list fails. It says something like “failed to update, try again”.

Multiple attempts at “refresh” has done nothing. Is this related to the issue you guys are discussing ? Or a variation of the issue ?

I thought I could just get the ACM from the same donor that I got the other pieces from but it sounds like that may not be possible due to connector changes.

This is another issue, but one that is covered on 2GFusion.net and F150Forum.com.

Since you have a 2020 APIM, it is probably set for the new format ACM in regard to Sat Radio. You should have 7D0-08-xx and 7D0-09-xx series asbuilt settings available. In particular you want to look at the Message Set and X40 SDARS setting. In your APIM asbuilt, your 2020 APIM is probably set for ‘4’, if so set to ‘0’.

Mobile Navigation (MN), Message Set (MS), X40, Customer Connectivity Setting (CCS)
7D0-08-01 xxx* xxxx xxxx
0=MN Enabled, MS Legacy, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
1=MN Enabled, MS Legacy, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
2=MN Enabled, MS Legacy, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
3=MN Enabled, MS Legacy, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
4=MN Enabled, MS New, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
5=MN Enabled, MS New, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
6=MN Enabled, MS New, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
7=MN Enabled, MS New, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
8=MN Disabled, MS Legacy, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
9=MN Disabled, MS Legacy, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
A=MN Disabled, MS Legacy, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
B=MN Disabled, MS Legacy, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
C=MN Disabled, MS New, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
D=MN Disabled, MS New, X40: Pre X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled
E=MN Disabled, MS New, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Disabled
F=MN Disabled, MS New, X40: X40 SDARS, CCS Enabled

Also, it probably has Mixed-Mode Presets enabled, which your 2014 ACM does not support. If it is set to ‘8’, then change it to ‘0’.

Autostore (Mixed Mode Presets Turns Off Autostore), Electronic Horizon Type, ICP (EFP) Type, ICP (EFP) Branding
7D0-02-02 xxxx xx*x xxxx
0=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
1=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
2=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
3=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
4=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
5=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
6=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
7=Autostore Enabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
8=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
9=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
A=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
B=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
C=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
D=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded
E=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded
F=Autostore Disabled, EH: MPP + Stub+Exp, ICP (EFP) Type: ICP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Branded

Make sure that you reboot the APIM after these changes. Turn off the vehicles for about a minute then turn it back on. The APIM and ACM need to refresh communications over the SDL (Satellite Data Link). If these 2 settings don’t fix the issues, post your asbuilt and we can figure it out.

All of the APIM settings are here on this site…

Thanks for the info/settings ! I’ll give them a try. I frequent 2GFusions (same username) but haven’t seen much discussion about ACM and APIM or especially “programming” discussions. I don’t think it’s allowed there…

I had already found the “preset” related setting to change but that was just late last night. I have it in my ‘notes’ to change but thanks for confirming it as well !

1 Like

Update. I returned the ACM that was from the 2020 Explorer and was able to obtain a 2019 F-150 ACM from a Lariat that has SDARS, B&O, HD radio and the rectangular connectors but unlike the Explorer radio, it does not have the 3rd white antenna connector, it only has the mustard for Sirius and the black one for AM/FM. I did a comparison between my 2015 F-150 ACM and APIM wiring and the 2019 F-150. The wiring between the ACM and APIM were almost the same but there was a circuit that was not on my 2015 but on the 2019. Granted my 2015 has/had SYNC 2 wiring between the ACM and APIM and the 2019 has SYNC 3 but there were only a few changes. I added 2 wires between the ACM and APIM and also made some changes in the ACM and APIM utilizing FORscan and was able to make it work. I am still playing with it to get it close to my 2020 SD. I attached pics of my paperwork/notes. Hopefully this helps

3 Likes

Thanks, Junior.

I’ll check this out this week and see if I can get mine to work. I looked at the wiring but never could get the right diagram for the 2019. The one you posted is exactly what I thought needed to be done, but I never figured out the correct wiring. It looks like they repurposed connections for the multimedia gateway.

Can you post the settings for the ACM and APIM you changed, please? I think it would be just the SDARS X40, Message Set, Mixed Mode Presets, and tell the APIM there is no CD.

Also, did you need to re-pin the connectors and if so what pins did you use and where did you get them? Or did you just remove old Sync 2 wires and use those?

Edit: The set of wires you added are the additional Digital Radio Data Link communications for the APIM and ACM. These do not appear on any 2019 F-150 wiring diagrams that I was able to obtain. I am glad you found this.

What is the part number of the ACM you are using?
I have a KL3T-18D832-BH I picked up cheap to experiment with for this, so it would not be a big investment that didn’t work. It’s only missing HD radio but I don’t really listen to AM/FM HD Radio much anyways.

That seemed to take care of it. Sirius works now ! The other setting was already set to “0”.

1 Like

On a related note, my '14 ACM has a CD player but the 2020 faceplate covers it up. I’ve already remove “CD” from the steering wheel controls but there’s still an icon/button in the Sync screen. Will this setting (from the Ford APIM database) remove it ?

7D0-04-01: #X##-####-####
Values
0 = No Player
1 = CD/MP3 (UK Default)
2 = CD Changer MP3
3 = DVD, MP3
4 = CD Hard Drive

Use the “0” (zero) setting ?

1 Like

Yes it will, or should.

:+1: Thanks. Just wanted to get a 2nd opinion that this is (probably) the setting I’m looking for.

No problem. I have not been able to investigate much today, but I will post items as I collect them. See my comments to your post below.emphasized text

I’ll check this out this week and see if I can get mine to work. I looked at the wiring but never could get the right diagram for the 2019. The one you posted is exactly what I thought needed to be done, but I never figured out the correct wiring. It looks like they repurposed connections for the multimedia gateway.

Not sure. It appears the VMEG2 and VMEG1 is a new circuit between the ACM and APIM for this 2019 vs. my 2015. To my recollection, the 2020 Expedition did not have this circuit.

Can you post the settings for the ACM and APIM you changed, please? I think it would be just the SDARS X40, Message Set, Mixed Mode Presets, and tell the APIM there is no CD.

I can capture a picture of the settings on FORscan tomorrow and post. I am still playing around with it so it will or may change. The presets is one big thing I want to play with. My 2020 SD has 5 preset banks for Sirius and FM(Mixed Mode?) but when I apply the SD settings to the Expedition APIM, the FCIM changes the from 3 to 5 but they are unresponsive. Also, most of the voice commands work but voice navigation has a few bugs that needs to be worked out. Again, I am trying to clone my SD to my 2015 if you will.

Also, did you need to re-pin the connectors and if so what pins did you use and where did you get them? Or did you just remove old Sync 2 wires and use those?

When I received the 2020 Expedition ACM the yard just cut the wiring harnesses and left the connectors in the radio. I kept them so I could compare the wiring between vehicles and I wanted the pins. As far as the SYNC 2 wiring, I cut the wires for the audio jack wires connected to the pins and removed them so I could make jumpers utilizing the ACM wires/connectors.

Edit: The set of wires you added are the additional Digital Radio Data Link communications for the APIM and ACM. These do not appear on any 2019 F-150 wiring diagrams that I was able to obtain. I am glad you found this.

It shows on mine.

What is the part number of the ACM you are using?
I have a KL3T-18D832-BH I picked up cheap to experiment with for this, so it would not be a big investment that didn’t work. It’s only missing HD radio but I don’t really listen to AM/FM HD Radio much anyways.

KL3T-18D832-CH

1 Like

Thanks, I found the pins for the APIM don’t fit the ACM. I have the APIM side done but I ran out of time on the ACM side. Tomorrow…

I reused the audio jack wiring like you, since I’ll never go back to Sync 2.

Changing the 7D0-04-01 setting to “0” didn’t remove the icon… Are settings different for the North American market ? I ask because of the reference to “UK Default”.

I found the asbuilt for a late 2019 F-150 without CD player the setting is ‘0’. This comes from the factory without a CD player in the ACM.

Maybe try this in the ACM, it has a ‘2’ instead of a ‘0’.
CD & MP3 CD Text Conversion
727-01-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx
0=Internal CD & no conversion
1=Internal CD & Folder, file, and track name replaced by their number
2=External CD or no CD & no conversion
3=External CD or no CD & Folder, file, and track name replaced by their number
8=Internal CD enabled, External CD disabled, conversion disabled
A=Internal CD disabled, External CD enabled, conversion disabled
B=MP3 Text Conversion enabled

Haha, I also found that APIM setting for F-150 models (and those aren’t sold officially in the UK, to my knowledge) just to see if it was a global setting. I can try the other setting in the ACM and report back, but otherwise, I’m not too worried. My wife drives the Fusion but she doesn’t have CDs anymore… I just wanted a cleaned-up look.

Thanks for the help again

Before I changed mine to 0 the last 4 in bank 3 were 0EFF. When I set it to 0 the last 4 went to 0EFE. I wrote it, re-set it and still had the CD icon. I re-wrote the last 4 to 0EFF, re-set and it was gone.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. I have to ask, how did you think of that option ? I thought the other “bits” were supposed to change when you changed the other values, as some sort of ‘checksum’.

Seen it before but not for this. Corrupted asbuilt info. This can be cleared by rewriting the whole asbuilt at once, force write if you have to. Basically, although it was displaying one thing, it really was not set that way. It happens more than you think.

Speaking of rewriting the as-built data, how does it work with downloading the ‘factory’ as-built data when the APIM and car are mis-matched, i.e. 2014 Fusion with a 2020 (Fusion) APIM ? The way I dealt with it was the APIM simply had most of the same options that our car had (heated seats, back-up camera, etc) so those things “worked” out of the box.