ACM calibration update/TSB for 'no audio on HD station after vehicle restart'?

Something that had just crossed my mind this evening and I’m curious about especially for those who have better access to Ford’s TSBs.

Something I’ve dealt with and largely ignored with my '13 is if I’m tuned in to an FM HD station and locked in to that HD signal and shut the car off, in most cases after coming back and starting the vehicle it’ll show the audio system is active, tuned to the station, but there’s no audio and no metadata. Simply tuning up and down restores it back to normal.

Very much assuming this is an ACM thing. It’s occurred just the same with both Sync 2 and Sync 3. I’m curious if anyone’s aware if this was ever resolved with a calibration update, is there a TSB floating around out there that I don’t know about?

Very minor issue, but would be awesome if I could sort this last one out now that I have the ability to do firmware updates on my own.

I’ve seen this before and never thought much about it since it did not happen very often. The older radios seem to do this more often, if I remember correctly. Is the ACM in your vehicle original?

I have seen this with older ACM’s. Used to drive me nuts. I do remember having the issue on a 13’s Explorer ACM and then upgrading the Calibration and it stopped. My 13 Flex did it also. I did not think much of it as we don’t have any HD stations in my area that are not Mexican stations.

Que? We have plenty…

Yep. Original ACM. And the large majority of our FM stations here are HD (I prefer it. Most stations have finally gotten around to dialing in their processing so the quality is good even on a 48kbps stream. One local station broadcasts a 96kbps main stream that sounds CD quality to my ears with minimal processing and running through a spectrum analyzer they push 20khz+ easy).

Some extra info since I do have it on hand:

ACM - Audio Control Module
Part number: CM5T-19C107-FH (latest known: CM5T-19C107-FY)
Strategy : CM5T-14D099-FH
Calibration: CM5T-14D100-FH

There is this TSB…

Vehicle » Technical Service Bulletins » Customer Interest » Audio System - No Audio Output After Start Up

•Audio System - No Audio Output After Start Up

TSB 14-0169

09/12/14

NO AUDIO OUTPUT AFTER STARTING
FORD:
2013-2014 Edge, Explorer, F-150
LINCOLN:
2013-2014 MKX
ISSUE
Some 2013-2014 F-150, Explorer, Edge, and MKX vehicles may exhibit an intermittent concern of no audio output after starting the vehicle. This may occur during cold ambient temperatures or when abnormally low battery voltage levels are present.

ACTION
Reprogram the audio control module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 91.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to guarantee you are receiving the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.
0.3 hr

1 Like

Based on the info for the ACM, you would be looking for the -FY versions of those files…
Here is one:
CM5T-14D100-FY.ZIP (3.7 KB)

This is what I found for the 2 files…
CM5T-14D099-FK.ZIP (349.4 KB)
CM5T-14D100-FN.ZIP (3.7 KB)
CM5T-14D100-FT.ZIP (3.7 KB)
CM5T-14D100-FU.ZIP (3.7 KB)

I did not find any that line up, but maybe using CM5T-14D099-FK and CM5T-14D100-FN?

Update: I looked up some 2013 C-Max SEL Hybrids and the ACM’s are all the same.
ACM - Audio Control Module
Part number (F113): CM5T-19C107-FH
Core Assembly (F111): CM5T-14F188-FG
DB Ref Number (F110): DS-CM5T-19C107-AE
Strategy (F188): CM5T-14D099-FH
Calibration: CM5T-14D100-FH

So, the calibration file CM5T-14D100-FN lists the following:
Part number (F113): CM5T-19C107-FN
Core Assembly (F111): CM5T-14F188-FK
DB Ref Number (F110): DS-CM5T-19C107-AF
Strategy (F188): CM5T-14D099-FK
Calibration: CM5T-14D100-FN

This means that these files are the next revision (from AE to AF). But this does not include the SBL file which you need to load the others. It is most likely the same for both versions.

2 Likes

I’ll have a chance to give this a go this weekend. I’ll report back on my progress then.