Acm Center speaker

“I’m having trouble activating the center speaker on my 2015 Ford F150 with Sync 3. I made a change on my ACM 727-01-01:xxx9-xxx8-xxxx, but the center speaker is still not working. In Forscan’s “easy mode”, it shows Super Crew with 7 speakers, but the center speaker remains inactive.”

Did you go into the speaker check menu to see if it was sounding?

1 Like

no i did not i just checked on the fader to see if it would appear there but its not there

I don’t think it shows a center speaker on the fader? Atleast none of my cars do. Try the test mode and see if it makes a sound there so at least maybe that will help narrow it down between a setting or wiring.

2 Likes

i did the test and it shows all the speakers except the center speaker it shows “aux”

Here are the pinouts for the ACM. I can’t remember if you are using a DSP or not. Pins 8 & 20 are the Center channel off the ACM.

1 Like

Center speaker is wired to the DSP

1 Like

If that’s the case and yours runs off the DSP than double check this plug to see if it is wired right. Pins 1 & 9

1 Like

Ill check the wiring tomorrow just an fyi i tried adjusting the settings to driver or just rear and its not working also i changed the speaker to a kicker :slight_smile:

You’re not going to notice a whole lot other than sound at the windshield.
Even with the Sony factory audio its not like a true center channel, the actual settings options when you have the Sony audio is Stereo or Surround.
The factory was an 8 ohm, so a 4 ohm will be a little louder.

1 Like

The center channel is a L/R mixdown and band limiting, not a true surround (or 5.1) audio. This is how most of the car manufacturers treat their sound systems unless you have a truly high-end system. (Does not mean you have a truly high-end car.)

1 Like

Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this center speaker and when it is typically used? Also, based on this diagram, if I wanted to connect this speaker to another one, which speaker would you guys recommend to tap into? i was thinking to one of the front speakers…
92ab88c014e2d88891b4a97f8da060197eb67ced_2_690x405

I read somewhere in Oasis what it is used for. If I remember right in surround mode was one of the few uses. The others uses depended on different configurations. Keep in mind the ACM’s will detect irregularities it says and they have the ability to shut down those channels.

1 Like

Well, I guess I’ll leave it like that. Now I have a $150 kicker center speaker that’s useless…lol