ACM programming with Forscan

I have a 2017 F250 w/o HD radio. I purchased a new donor that has HD. What changes do I need to make in forscan to load AB data without messing it up lol
Thanks
Shawn

We’ll assume that your 2017 F250 w/o HD radio should be equipped with Sync 3 from the factory. If so, the only change should be to enable HD Radio in the Sync 3 asbuilt. But to be sure you should post your asbuilts for the APIM and ACM so that we can suggest the proper settings to be changed.

The HD Radio enable is 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx–. If your value is “0”, change the value to “1”. If your value is “4”, change the value to “5”.
Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB), Climate Front Zones, Steering Wheel Angle Sensor, HD Radio (HDR)
0=DAB Disabled, Dual Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Relative, HD Radio Disabled
1=DAB Disabled, Dual Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Relative, HD Radio Enabled
2=DAB Disabled, Dual Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Absolute, HD Radio Disabled
3=DAB Disabled, Dual Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Absolute, HD Radio Enabled
4=DAB Disabled, Single Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Relative, HD Radio Disabled
5=DAB Disabled, Single Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Relative, HD Radio Enabled
6=DAB Disabled, Single Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Absolute, HD Radio Disabled
7=DAB Disabled, Single Zone Climate, Steering Wheel Angle Absolute, HD Radio Enabled

https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/sync3-apim/?search=Digital+Audio+Broadcast

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for your help. When I get back tomorrow I will load the AB data to confirm. The unit will be here Saturday, hopefully lol

Sorry for the long delay, got stuck on a project ughh
Here is the As Built Data for my truck.
1FT7W2B68HEC38283 2.ab (30.0 KB)

Ok… so I put in the new ACM and power the truck back on. It showed HD! Awesome!!! Buuut no sound, lots of “errors “ in the module. So I changed the Option as I was instructed to do and still no sound. I reflashed it with Forscan using my As Built Data and it now has sound but I lost the HD and all controls to my AC etc…
any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is the original VIN from the unit I purchased.
Thank you for your help in advance!

Ok so I DL the As Built Data from the “new” ACM, and loaded it. I now have the HD back. But I still have no sound. Any ideals?

Post your ACM asbuilt. What is the part number of the new ACM?

Probably the new ACM is set up for Sony or B&O system, or not. Do you have Sony sound or what?

Hi, yes it is the Sony 8” 7 speaker system w/Navigation.
The new ACM part number is HC3T-19C107-CK
And my AB data is… being attached. It won’t allow me to attach it, maybe because I already uploaded it. I will send this msg and try to resend it.
Thank you for your help!

1FT7W2B68HEC38283.ab (29.9 KB)

Try this NEW asbuilt in the attached text file.

1FT7W2B68HEC38283 ACM Asbuilt.txt (323 Bytes)

Does your new ACM look like this on the back? Can you take a pic of the label?

Yes it look just like that. I will try it tomorrow and let you know. Thank you for you help!