APIM /ACM matching

I have several newer Fords. I know they are the same as I have access to Ford’s Oasis and can quickly compare them. It’s connector 240A and 240B and most all Fords use the same ACM’s.

The Sync application itself is universal, there are no versions for countries or regions. However, the language and map files are regional.

The newest version of Sync 3 is 3.4.22110. The latest release to the Ford dealers and download is 3.4.21194.

thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.F150chief & Cyanlabs were standout.

the APIM upgrade was a success and all is now working as expected. learnt a lot along the way and the databases are invaluable.

great resource guys !

1 Like

F150Chief… quick question as I did purchase the ACM you listed from Ebay. Would I be saving my current AS Built from the current ACM and when I get the new one, update the values… or just plug it in and see what works? :slight_smile:

Thank you, 007!

It will likely be working or very close with your original asbuilt. Before you write your asbuilt to the unit, save the asbuilt that is on it just for reference.

1 Like

So i updated the ACM and i got AM/FM to work. I have nothing for Sirius though… it doesnt bring up the test channel or anything. I see no ESN or SiriusID number. Its like the radio doesn’t have satellite in there. Is there a possible ASBuilt code i missed or need to enable for SiriusXM to work?

Funny you say that becuse mine was doing that exact thing when I just updated it. I used the AB setting from my 2020 Fusion on my APIM and ACM and it started working. Sadly I have no idea what line did it becuse it was afterwards that I noticed it working.

I will say that my Fusion had some lines in it that did not match up with the AB info we have. There were a few things that made no sense at all but I transfered them anyways.

Bill you had the same Sirius problem where nothing would show up? Like it wasn’t even installed? Just seems strange to me… there has to be some setting that controls it or at least updates it so at least I get the Sirius radios ESN or ID number.
I have a 2016 Ford Fusion with an updated APIM that is on 3.4 Sync.

Yea I played with the APIM setting at 7D0 8-1 a few times trying to get it right but I knew it was an X40 ACM and it did work when I switched it to this. I could not get it to work at all on my 15 Explorer with a CGEA 1.2 network.

I am going to try to get it to work on my 18 Expedition that has a CGEA 1.3 network tonight and like you already has the Blue A2B connector. I also have a K series APIM I will be matching it with so fingers crossed.

My 2020 Fusion has the 360L from Sirius so I am using it as a guide.

Where can i find the APIM Series? I haven’t even touched anything in Forscan related to the APIM. Is there something in there I may need to change because of the new ACM?

Yes you need to adjust the lines in the APIM so it knows you have the x40 Sirius option in the ACM. It’s line 7D0-08-01 xxx*-xxxx-xxxx on the APIM.

I would start with a 2 in that spot.

1 Like

So i did have an ACM with Sirius before. Is this something for the new ACM that may need to be updated? Also whats the x40 Sirius option? Is this something that wasnt in the older ACMs?

Yes it is. My fusion has the Sirius 360L in it and had a 2 in it from the factory. If you updated the ACM to one that has this and want to use it than you will need to adjust this. I dont think it will work right if you do not.

OK will give it a try in the morning and let you know what happens… Thanks for the help!

So tried a 2 in that spot along with some other values and nothing seems to activate Sirius or at least give me the Sirius XM ID or ESN number. Any other things to try? Maybe something in the ACM? I am at a loss on this one. Any chance you can upload your APIM and ACM AsBuilt so I can compare or at least the one you updated that activated your Sirius?

Curious if anything here needs to change. My original ACM had a 1 here.

727-01-01: *xxx-xxxx-xxxx

Values

0=Int SDARS Enabled, APIM Gen2, EFP CAN based, APIM Not Available
1=Int SDARS Enabled, APIM Gen2, EFP CAN based, APIM Available
2=Int SDARS Enabled, APIM Gen2, EFP LIN based, APIM Not Available
3=Int SDARS Enabled, APIM Gen2, EFP LIN based, APIM Available
4=Int SDARS Enabled, APIM Gen1, EFP CAN based, APIM Not Available

These are the factory settings for my Fusion that I used on the ACM

727-01-01 10A0 - 9200 - 0173
727-01-02 0000 - 5F01 - 0091
727-01-03 0000 - 0000 - 0032
727-02-01 1344
727-03-01 386A
727-04-01 0001 - 0155 - 53DD

No go… Its like Sirius isnt even there. No matter what options I try and cant get it to show up with the preview channel or anything. AM/FM HD no problems

Also threw the old ACM back in to make sure everything still worked and Sirius came right up. So strange.
Is it possible my APIM is too old. Its from 2017 and the new ACM is from 2020.

Maybe, I did not get any of the Sirius stuff to work until I went to a K series APIM. They are kinda spendy though. $400 is the going price unless you get lucky and find one for $200 but most those dont have navigation. You also have to add the 2 extra wires to it. Not sure if F150Chief mentioned that.