APIM Replaced

I replaced my china APIM as I had black screen issues, I just replaced my APIM with a LC3T-14G370-BCH and my ACM with KL3T-18D832-FJ everything works great except my station buttons 1 thru 6 don’t work I can tune a station and save it to a button but when I push the button the station does not change, any idea’s?
Thanks

As Built’s

Maybe start here since your ACM is setup wrong.

ACM (2018-2020) Database - CyanLabs

This is what my replaced ACM HC3T-19C107-CK
was programed, should I program it the same?
The only difference is old ACM had CD player new one doesn’t

H series ACM is old. The calibration is different than the new one so the AB will not match up. K and L series are 2020+ ACM’s and the AB bytes will more than likely not match. You have all zero’s in the AB for the first 01 lines and that is wrong.

Well went thru the programing according to the radio as built, everything works fine, still buttons will store the station but will not change to it, the > forward and < backward button advance stations both on the FCIM but on the steering wheel they’re very slow, and no sound from center speaker.

Solved, changed APIM and ACM to the following all buttons work, no delays and 3 sets of 6 preset saved buttons.
Thanks Bill

acmm

apimm
aapim

Center speaker doesn’t work, but on the speaker test the left, right, and tweeters do but no center.

APIM with a LC3T-14G370-BCH and my ACM with KL3T-18D832-FJ

Remember those additional wires for the Sirius XM upgrade? SDL…

The wiring for the SDL/DRDL must be in place.
Additional wiring required:
VMEF7 APIM pin 51 to ACM pin 6 CTRL MOD - Audio Head Unit DRDL_TX_+
VMEF8 APIM pin 52 to ACM pin 19 CTRL MOD - Audio Head Unit DRDL_TX_-
VMEG1 APIM pin 27 to ACM pin 5 CTRL MOD - BT/MM GW MOD DRDL_TX_+
VMEG2 APIM pin 28 to ACM pin 4 CTRL MOD - BT/MM GW MOD DRDL_TX_-

Thanks those are in place, I did them before I changed the APIM and ACM, I get all the logos and art work as well as all the channels, YAY. It works so much faster and better than the china crap APIM I had, also thru Ford I updated my Sync to the latest ver and my maps. I will check polarity just in case, I don’t know if that would cause the center not to work as the only issue.
I will post if I do have a reverse polarity and the outcome.
Thanks Chief

Also check you ACM settings for 6 or 10 presets, should be 6, and if you have legacy presets or multimode presets turned on in the APIM. Set to legacy presets if the ACM is set that way, or vice versa.

I have 6 presets in the ACM, and I don’t know where to look to see if they are legacy presets or not.I pretty sure they are not multimode, that’s where you can have am/fm/xm presets all together correct?

Yes, and the wrong setting will cause this issue.

0=Autostore Enabled (Normal Presets), EH: MPP + Stubs, ICP (EFP) Type: EFP, ICP(EFP) Brand: Non-Branded. My setting for the APIM

1=A2B Disabled, Reserved, AF On, NOP 6. My setting for ACM

When was the last time you loaded the entire APIM asbuilt and performed a master reset? You might need to do this…

When I programed it after I installed it , after that I changed the binary data that was incorrect but never loaded the entire APIM asbuilt with all the changes and did a master reset, the last master reset was done I imagine is when I updated to the latest build. I will go out now and reload my last asbuilt save and do a master reset. Also I haven’t checked polarity yet on the pin configure yet.
VMEF7 APIM pin 51 to ACM pin 6 CTRL MOD - Audio Head Unit DRDL_TX_+
VMEF8 APIM pin 52 to ACM pin 19 CTRL MOD - Audio Head Unit DRDL_TX_-
VMEG1 APIM pin 27 to ACM pin 5 CTRL MOD - BT/MM GW MOD DRDL_TX_+
VMEG2 APIM pin 28 to ACM pin 4 CTRL MOD - BT/MM GW MOD DRDL_TX_-

Master reset did not work only thing left is check polarity.