BGMAP_ERR01 – Error is BGMAP_ERROR
This error is usually associated with the Ford published map installation packages. The most common reason you might get this error message is either the USB was pulled before the installation was complete, or the vehicle times out and shuts off before the installation is finished.
If you are here at this point it is assumed that you already know how to source the updates and prepare the USB for installation.
To clear the BGMAP error in order to reinstall the update, follow the instructions below.
- Perform a master reset under Settings > General > Reset.
- Once the unit has fully rebooted, perform two soft reboots in a row.
- Hold the power button and next track button on the center console interface at the same time until the screen goes black. The APIM will reboot, and the system will restart.
- Once the first soft reboot is done, perform the second soft reboot.
- Once the system is back up after the second soft reboot, make sure vehicle is running and insert your USB with the update. The update should start over from the beginning.
Note: Remember this update takes about an hour for NA maps and 90 minutes for EU maps. The APIM will reboot several times during the map installations, depending on the maps and region.
Do not remove the USB until you get message indicating the map installation is complete and you can remove USB device. Ignore any key cycle messages.
It is probably best to perform map installations when you need to drive for an hour or so as you need to keep the vehicle running. If you are just on Aux power the vehicle will time out and shut the power off before the update is done and you get the failed error message.