Calibration File Requests

MX is the wireless one right? EX is wired and much better. Firmware programming should never be done using a wireless connector.

1 Like

Correct. Thats why i ordered the wired one that will be here today.

1 Like

Both correct. I have done firmware updates over BT and it sucks. That was quite a while ago, though. I use the EX, very stable and good adapter, and fast.

Have you spoken to a service department about this? It is warranty, I would guess.

Have not. Forscan just replied and stated that the file i need should be avail now. I’ll try and see if its avail here shortly.

That’s great. I hope it solves the issue. Alexi and his folks are good people.

See your PM…

ScanTool OBDLink EX Firmware Notice - Ver. 5.6.19 Available - Ford / Other - CyanLabs Official Community

Awesome! Thank you very much for all of your help! I was able to download the calibration files but im going to wait and read the “how to” section on flashing a few more times. Thanks again for all the help.

1 Like

:grinning:

Glad to be of help. Let me know if you need anything…

Thanks. Just flashed with new files and still does not work! Still get the Service procedure interupted and test module fails.
success upload

What are your settings on the settings page for Forscan? Specifically, the speed and the options checked. Also the 3 options that you would check on the bottom of the Firmware screen.

Do a power reset on the module, if you haven’t. Also, pull a new profile in FORScan.

Hello!

I am looking for the complete ZIP of config files for IPC KP5T-10849-CC.

Hoping to flash my 2015 MKZ IPC to 2019 calibration level if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I saved the profile to a folder and removed it from forscan. Reloaded forscan and same result. Test on the module fails and Service procedure interrupted. Appears to be able to reset the module and flash the strategy just no go on test and config. Wish there was a way to flash the config but all it has is the secondary bootloader and strategy files to flash.

I used the settings reffered in the programming guide. Com baud rate is auto with auto increase enabled. I used the Recovery mode.

1 Like

Have you looked at the compatible firmware configuration in FORScan or UCDS for the existing 2015 IPC? KP5T-10849-CC is the 2019 IPC. Flashing 2019 code into a 2015 module might not be possible, or advisable. A quick search of the FORScan and UCDS forums show the 2015 IPC able to go to 2017, but no mention beyond that. If you are looking to gain features on the 2015, this may not do what you want, as the 2015 hardware may not support the firmware features.

You can get one on eBay, 2019 Lincoln MKZ speedometer cluster 12K tested KP5T-10849-CC | eBay

There is probably something wrong with that SCCM. One thing that I have tried on APIM’s is to flash backwards to the previous version and back again. Sometimes this can clear file corruption if it exists. Although it may not be possible with this module.

Make sure your using updated drivers for your adapter. The forscan guys had me slow my baud rate down one time when I was programming and it worked. Made it take longer but I was able to save the module I was programming.

I appreciate the insight on this, I actually put the FCIM and center console from a 2019 into my 2015. The ultimate goal is to make the Autohold and AdvanceTrack Hardware button work correctly. Unfortunately all as-built modifications have not done the trick, which is what led me to the calibration update. Could you kindly provide me the calibration files for the 2017 cluster?

This will most likely require an ABS module change for those features. Maybe just firmware, but most likely hardware. Do you have DTC’s for the FCIM not communicating with the IPC or BCM? This would need to be addressed first. If you have a 2019 FCIM in the vehicle, then the vehicle may not understand the signals from the FCIM.

I don’t have the files for the cluster. Could you provide the cluster part number and present cal file numbers?

Isn’t a 2015 CGEA 1.2? I know the 19 is going to be CGEA 1.3 and that is going to require a Gateway module for the new modules to work and function right. Almost all the communication paths changed to this with 1.3