Calibration File Requests

I was loading the factory abt file and it appears to have been interrupted. Since then, I have no steering wheel switches, turns , etc. Everytime i try to load the module it gets interrupted so im kinda stuck in limbo. I ran the restore method to try and get the files but it will only pull the secondary boot loader file and says the strategy file is not available.

Oh, bummer! I’ll take a look around tonight and see if I can find anything.

This is a valid older version…but I can’t find it yet.
SCCM - Steering Column Control Module
Part number: ML3T-3F944-BH
Calibration level: ML3T-3F944-BH
Strategy: ML3T-14C579-AG

Thank you! I have compared a few raptors and there is one with part number ML3T-3F944-GD but no differnce in the calibration.

Do you have a DTC on the SCCM?

What is in the asbuilt fields for this:

724-07-01 xxxx **xx DTC_Mask_Byte_0 (DTCMB)
724-07-01 xxxx xx** DTC_Mask_Byte_1 (DTCMB)
724-08-01 **xx xxxx DTC_Mask_Byte_2 (DTCMB)
724-08-01 xx** xxxx DTC_Mask_Byte_3 (DTCMB)
724-08-01 xxxx **xx DTC_Mask_Byte_4 (DTCMB)
724-08-01 xxxx xx** DTC_Mask_Byte_5 (DTCMB)
724-09-01 **xx xxxx DTC_Mask_Byte_6 (DTCMB)
724-09-01 xx** xxxx DTC_Mask_Byte_7 (DTCMB)
724-09-01 xxxx **xx DTC_Mask_Byte_8 (DTCMB)
724-09-01 xxxx xx** DTC_Mask_Byte_9 (DTCMB)

These will be DTC’s.

I do get 2.

B137F:4A-68 - STEERING WHEEL LEFT SWITCH PACK
U2101:00-68 - CONTROL MODULE CONFIGURATION INCOMPATIBLE

Yeah, incomplete configuration issue. It’s complaining about this:

SW_Switch_LH_Cfg (SWSLHC)
724-03-01 **xx xxxx
00 = SWSLHC No Switch
01 = SWSLHC ML3T-9E740-A
02 = SWSLHC ML3T-9E740-C
03 = SWSLHC ML3T-9E740-D

SW_Switch_RH_Cfg (SWSRHC)
724-03-01 xx** xxxx –
00 = SWSRHC No Switch
01 = SWSRHC ML3T-9E740-E

If you know your factory settings for these, write them one at a time and see if it takes it.

Thanks for the info. Forscan wont load the module now when i try to access it. It runs for about 2 seconds and says it failed. Thats what lead me to the path of trying to restore it through the firmware updater.

Have you pulled power on the module? It might just be in a bad state. Just guessing.

Yeah, Same issue. Not sure how to get this thing back. I really appreciate your help.

When you go into the firmware menu, it will allow access? Not asbuilt.
Can you screenshot that if possible?

What type of adapter are you using?

Here is what the Forscan Team had to say after sending logs again. The first time i send them they just said it was timing out but this second response has a little more explanation. The 10th is when the abt. load happened and its config is incorrect causing the issue.

Hello,

There are some problems with your SCCM - it doesn’t respond to requests (answers may be 1 time out of 5 requests). In old logs of December, 18th it worked fine. In next log session after it, January 10th, it has this problem. We guess there are some hardware or wiring problems with your modification. The firmware file you mentioned is missing on our firmware server, we will find it and upload as soon as we can. But we’d like to note that we we believe it is bad idea to start module firmware update while the module is malfunctioning.

Here is a pic of the SCCM firmware page.
Trying to get to the asbuilt just runs to about 2% and says " service procedure has been interupted"

OBDLink MX. I ordered a OBDLink EX and it will be here today.

MX is the wireless one right? EX is wired and much better. Firmware programming should never be done using a wireless connector.

1 Like

Correct. Thats why i ordered the wired one that will be here today.

1 Like

Both correct. I have done firmware updates over BT and it sucks. That was quite a while ago, though. I use the EX, very stable and good adapter, and fast.

Have you spoken to a service department about this? It is warranty, I would guess.

Have not. Forscan just replied and stated that the file i need should be avail now. I’ll try and see if its avail here shortly.

That’s great. I hope it solves the issue. Alexi and his folks are good people.

See your PM…

ScanTool OBDLink EX Firmware Notice - Ver. 5.6.19 Available - Ford / Other - CyanLabs Official Community