Calibration File Requests

Thanks Chief! I was able to download the files to run the recovery routine, but no joy. It seems the strat file isn’t sticking even though the routine seems to be successful - when I go back to view the current setup, it still shows the GB5T-14G374-CB file instead of AF.

Here’s the log entry for the operation

Poking around, I did find this snippet on the FORSCAN support page:
Example: uploading strategy file GB5T-14G374-CB for SYNC3 is bricking the module. Solution is to upload GB5T-14G374-CD instead of -CB.

Would you happen to have that file available? Any advice would be appreciated, and yes, my tail is between my legs and sorry I ever even tried to perform this upgrade. :hot_face:

You have an early Gen 2 APIM shown in the pic above. HB5T-14G171-BCA is a 2017 NON-NAV 8GB APIM.
Use the Gen 2 instructions and the files above under custom “To Program”. You must follow the procedure all the way thru with the Illumination and Sound files, separately.

GB5T-14G374-AF is for 2016, but appears in early 2017 also. It was replaced by -CA, then -CB. I do not have -CD.
Use GB5T-14G375-CA instead of GB5T-14G375-BA, -BB.
Load the files set I posted above, with the latest FORScan version. Make sure to check the boxes at the bottom of the page to silence the buss and recover mode.

Make sure you are using the latest FORScan application version 2.4.4.
FORScan Software Version 2.4.x Information - FORScan - Docs - CyanLabs Official Community

FORScan v2.4.4 beta - FORScan forum

Deleted

Thank you both so much! Simply replacing -CB with GB5T-14G374-CD instantly fixed the issue. Glad I can stop sweating now. Geez… :flushed:

I will update the docs with the file. Glad you got it fixed.

The issue was finally solved and the lamps works as expected.
Summing up (maybe this will be useful for someone), the HCM is fine, no software needs to be updated. Actually, all that I did is ok, the problem was Forscan itself.
I reached out to the Forscan team and they provided me an updated version of the program which didn’t have a problem with calibration. After calibration was successful lamps works as expected.
Thank You for Your help.

1 Like

Hi, can i get the following file to get my BCM working again?
AV1T-14C100-AG

My battery went flat while updating it.
ForScan 2.4.3 Beta 5 was able to reprogram it with the latest firmware (which it did download itself), but now i cannot get the Emergency Assist option working again.

I want to go back to the stock firmware, just to see if it fixes the problem.
Kinda annoying the car is wanting me to go to the dealer for maintenance :slight_smile:

Car is a Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium my2013

Maybe @CyanLabs can check to see if it is available in UCDS?

I’ve managed to get the bcm working with the newer firmware.

I had to upgrade the apim and the gpsm too with the newest firmware.

The ACM will not take any upgrade, although it’s available and Forscan did download it ok.

The only strange thing I had to change in the apim module was enabling alternate calling before it would accept Europe as region.
(Very strange, as I bought the car new here in the Netherlands from the local Ford dealer)

So , would be nice to have the older firmware I asked about,but no problems if it really isn’t there anymore.

But the main problem is gone, the car is telling me Emergency Assistance is working :smiley::smiley:.

The FCDIM still is complaining the control module configuration is invalid, but everything works.

I could not find the earlier file. But since it is working, that’s good. You might try to reload the FCDIM firmware and asbuilt, it might clear the issue.

Just curious what Forscan does when you try to update the ACM firmware?

It just starts to upload the bootloader, that works.
Then it cannot erase the blocks and stops with a failed message.

If I try to use the ACM config (as-built) it starts lo load and then stops at 50% .

Looks like the ACM is the main cause of this problem.
I did upgrade the APIM + ACM + FCDIM , because my car did not have built in satnav.
But that’s years ago and did work fine.
(All came from the same car)

I can replace the ACM, but don’t want to take half the dash apart to swap it out.
And since it does seem to work just fine,I’m leaving it alone.

this is the software that’s installed in the FCDIM

FCDIM - Front Control/Display Interface Module
Part number: F1BT-18B955-DA
Calibration level: F1BT-18B955-DC
Strategy : F1BT-14D358-DC
VIN: WF0CXXGAKCDJ12957

I cannot find any firmware for this partnumber anymore,and I didn’t save the files Forscan did download for it.

1 Like

You might reach out to the Forscan guys about the ACM. Seems this could be something they could fix. What version of Forscan are you using?

1 Like

I’m using the latest beta , 2.4.5 beta 3.
Also have bought a lifetime license for it.
Usb adapter is the Obdlink EX,as that’s the only one that’s fully supported by Forscan.

I can try to use a different laptop with the latest official version to see if that can write data to the FCDIM.

Don’t want to fiddle too much, as everything is working now.

Still need to make a proper backup of the as-built data of all modules, so I can always revert back to the current state.

You can get the OEM asbuilt for your vehicle here:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt
Save the .ab file. You can change the extension to .xml and open the file in a browser for easier viewing.
But if you made changes to the modules you will need to back those up separately.

As far as the ACM, contact the FORScan team. Since you have a license they will help you if they can.

I did download the as-built file for my car.
This is usable for setting the defaults for most of the modules.

I also have the as-built for a similar car which does have satnav, so I can use that for the FCDIM.

Have asked in the Forscan forum about the FCDIM.
Did find a topic about the ACM not updating.

Looks like that has to be done in 2 steps.

Thank you guys for the help so far.
Now I’m going to wait if I get info about fixing the FCDIM.

Would it be possible to get ML3T-14C579-BD for the SCCM? Thanks for any help!

1 Like

I don’t see that listed on the Ford Dealer Connection site. You might ask Livinitup…

Thanks. I did ask and he had the same answer. I wonder if i could load a different strategy for this module?

What are you trying to do? Is this just an update for the module?