Calibration File Requests

Hello

I’m looking for EU version of GJ5T-13C148-AD (this is a part number).
This is what Forscan currently shows:
HCM_SOFT_2

Part comes from Escape (US) and trying to convert it to EU.

Thanks!

This is for a 2017 - 2019 FORD ESCAPE HEADLAMP HEADLIGHT CONTROL MODULE UNIT GJ5T13C148AD

The files are available here:
DSFM File Download (dealerconnection.com)

As far as the part number goes, find a Ford Kuga (EU) VIN of the same year and look up the asbuilt info for that vehicle. The factory asbuilt file will list all the module part numbers.

Already did find EU AsBuild but wasn’t aware of module parts numbers - much appreciated!

So my original is:
DSGJ5T-13C148-AB
GJ5T-13C148-AD
GJ5T-14D063-AD
XYZ017RYK

And the EU:
DSGJ5T-13C148-AB
F1CB-14F110-AA
GJ5T-13C148-AD
GJ5T-14D063-AD
XYZ01FH3E

The only one which I can download is:
GJ5T-14D063-AD
Which is common for both.

It looks like the units are identical. The F1CB-14F110-AA file would be needed on both units, it’s the bootloader file.
It seems that it is the same hardware, maybe the asbuilt would be different for NA vs. EU.

AsBuilt is different, already did changes based on EU config.
After that HID EU lamps started working more or less as expected, but calibration is not possible.

Thas why I thought that firmware must be updated for HCM, as I read somewhere that even if the hardware is the same, the US unit doesn’t have the configuration for leveling sensors that are used in EU cars.

That is true for the most part. Some (mostly Lincolns) have the sensors, but they are connected to the vehicle dynamics modules.

Unless you have the sensors on the vehicle, which I think probably not:
If you see and asbuilt setting that says ‘Leveling With GFHB’, set it to No Leveling.
If you see and asbuilt setting that says ‘Dynamic Headlamp Leveling’ set it to OFF.

I installed sensors and added the necessary wiring. Sensors are visible in the Forscan and they are working fine - used PIDs for verification.
So, now have installed on a car EU HID lamps + leveling sensors + US HCM.
Sensors are connected directly to the HCM and are working fine. On the other hand, HCM must have the firmware updated to finish the entire operation.
Unless I missed here something.

hello! requesting file 1U5T-14G374-DA for my NA Nav Fusion

I agree with the firmware assessment.
I found this thread from a Polish Ford club about this subject.
[Escape - Kuga USA] Front headlights spacer - Page 10 - Forum Ford Club Poland (fordclubpolska.org)

See your PM…

1 Like

I must admit that I’m impressed that You managed to find this thread in Polish, and appreciate Your effort.
Anyway, been there, but no one is willing to share info about the firmware update, that’s why looking for help in a wider community.

thanks!

I couldn’t read about half of it because you have to join to see the whole thread. From what I could gather, you have done all that and probably need a firmware change to get it all working properly. So close.

If I see something else I will post it here and tag you on it…

Have you been here?
Optics and light Ford Kuga II Ford Kuga (fkclub.ru)

Yes, been there and also here:

In general, there is plenty of useful info, but haven’t found anything related to my problem.
Will look for the solution and will let know here.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello,

My keyless Mondeo Mk4 is bricked for almost a month due to TSB 29/2008. The solution would be updating software on KVM/RFA module.
The current (faulty) SW version is: 7S7T-14C104-AG.
Could somebody tell me which patch (calibration file should be used) and ideally send me that file?
Thanks in advance!

See if this will work in the meantime…just 2 or 3 posts down the thread. Talks about an ignition relay and 2 pins. Then use FORScan to clear the DTC’s.
I’m trying to get hold of a copy of TSB 29/2008 (updated 11/05/09). I want to take it to my Ford dealer (in France) and (justanswer.com)

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of that thread, actually it guided me to the right path. :slight_smile:
However, clearing DTC’s was not enough, the KVM module should be either updated or replaced.
I can confirm that from today my car is finally alive again. :slight_smile:
Since finding those calibration files turned out not to be as easy as I though initially, I decided to try finding a replacement KVM module (7S7T-19G481-BD) on the market, but the trick was that it has to has a newer software installed (for example SW: 7S7T-14C104-AH) than the original one (SW: 7S7T-14C104-AG).
Luckily managed to find the appropriate one and “voila”, after placing it, initializing the module and reprogramming the keys it works!!!
Hope this post will help anyone else who could face this issue in the future.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. Glad it worked out and your car is back again.

1 Like

Does anyone have GB5T-14G374-AF available? Upgraded to CB, and my APIM is bricked. I believe I can restore by following the APIM Firmware Flash Rescue GEN1 (2016) instructions, but can’t seem to locate this file anywhere for download.
Thanks in advance!

Since a 2014 C-MAX did not come with Sync 3, this is a retrofit, I assume. Is the Sync 3 unit that was installed is a Gen 1, part number would begin with G. Since it had the GB5T-14G374-AF Strategy file, this would make sense.

Which files did you use for the firmware upgrade? You should have used the files below.
3.0 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (Production Release 2016)
GB5T-14G376-AA
GB5T-14G374-CB
GB5T-14G375-CA or GB5T-14G375-DA or GB5T-14G375-FA
(-CA is Non-NAV, -DA is NAV, -FA is ANY region with NAV (US Export))
GB5T-14G379-AA
GB5T-14G379-BA

See your PM…