Calibration File Requests

I’ve got HS4 brand new GWM and new NU5T APIM with all new cables laid

What car? Or is it a secret?

Mondeo MK5

What year. I am trying to see if there is any info in Oasis to help you.

Apologies, it’s a 2017, I think the Mondeo TCUs were fitted from September 2020

In FORScan or UCDS, what does the firmware programming screen look like? It should have this info, but for your module…

F10A>LB5T-14G144-SM
F110>DSLB5T-14G087-AL
F111>LB5T-14G145-XA
F113>LB5T-14G087-XM
F16B>LX7T-14G643-AB
F188>LB5T-14G139-SM

The F16B file is a secondary CPU file. The Startegy and Calibration files are the F188 and F10A numbers.

The F16B is the last one on the programming order, it’s the same across all the versions I’ve tried but it always fails to download as it can’t be found, I’ve been tempted to flash with the “ignore unchanged firmware” option but I’m unsure if it’ll work my firmwares end in SJ

What are your firmware files?

The info above comes from a 2020 Ford Focus MK4, so the SJ or SM files will work, but the LX7T-14G643-AB file does not seem to be available through the Ford Dealer Connection, FORScan, or UCDS.

I can check in the morning and confirm tomorrow?

One question if I may ask; with the TCU do all files have to be flashed or could I use the older SJ 86Mb file with the newer strategy / calibration files that are smaller? Only I’ve heard different timings for the flash to complete when the 86Mb file is flashed

You flash the Strategy and Calibration files as a set.

LB5T-14G144-SM, 2KB
LB5T-14G139-SM, 72,257KB
or
LB5T-14G144-SJ, 2KB
LB5T-14G139-SJ, 72,203KB

Both of these are nearly the same size.

So with an OBDlink EX how long theoretically or ideally could it take?

Edit* could this be done with the engine running with the amount of time it can take?

The last TCU firmware update that I helped someone with was about 45 minutes.

The latest files for that TCU I could find are:
LB5T-14G144-SP, 2KB
LB5T-14G139-SP, 71,924KB

1 Like

So is the file F16B>LX7T-14G643-AB obtainable or is it a case of ignoring that one file on Forscan?

45 Minutes isn’t too bad

Not available…you could just ignore it. It appears to be an EU file only from what I can tell. It is not listed for NA vehicles. I think flashing the strategy and calibration files only should not be an issue, but I have not flashed an EU TCU with this file there. I have done other modules this way with no issues.

Just giving back my findings and knowledge I’ve gained through the Wizards at Forscan:

The AB file is a none flashable file that is for one of a better word hard coded into the TCU that holds country specific settings it can be ignored and flashed in the normal way this file remains unaffected.

My calibration version was on SH!!

87Mb flash with an OBDlink EX coming up at the weekend!

Do you have the files you need to flash?
Yes, the asbuilt file is not flashed as firmware, but is written conventionally thru FORScan. Also, did the support folks at FORScan tell you that the LX7T-14G643-AB file is the asbuilt file, or other information?

I do indeed have the files, and it’s an interesting one, it’s not an AsBuilt file per say but it’s a strategy file that’s “hardwired” in at factory level that give country specific settings / access point names etc

Thank you everyone for the help!

Hi, I need a configuration F1CB-14D063-AD to Ford focus mk 3.5 2015 Europe for the biksenon headlights.

BiXenon?