Hi everyone,
I am planning a 4G LTE TCU retrofit on my 2018 Ford Fusion (US spec, CGEA 1.3 architecture).
I have a LK3T-14G087-BE TCU module on hand (Continental, 3 Fakra ports: Purple, Beige, Blue). As far as I understand, LK3T modules natively come configured for the HS4 bus (from Transit/Ranger platforms). Since my 2018 Fusion only has the HS3 network (I plan to tap directly into the HS3 lines behind the DSP amp in the trunk), the stock calibration will not communicate properly with the vehicle.
I would like to confirm a few details regarding reprogramming this unit:
Can I safely downgrade / flash the firmware on this LK3T-14G087-BE module using FORScan Beta (Firmware Update tab with a vLinker cable) to the JX7T series firmware so it operates natively on the HS3 bus?
Are the standard Focus Mk4 J-series files the recommended ones for this module?
SBL: JX7T-14G144-AC
Strategy: JX7T-14G229-AL (or AM)
Calibration: JX7T-14G139-AL (or AM)
Will FORScan be able to put the module into bootloader mode and flash it while connected directly to the HS3 bus in the car, or is it strongly advised to flash it on a bench setup first?
Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!