Can not Update from 3.3 to 3.4 from USB

Hi, my original Sync3 was 2.0.16074 (no nav), updated to 3.3.19052 successfully (autoinstall with Syn3 Updater). Master Reset before updating, during the update process there was an error message at 45UT-14G423-BA_123695.tar.gz. I tried recreating the USB with Gracenote unchecked, the update seemed fine, and my Sync3 updated to 3.3.19052 successfully (Gracenote version is blank). It seems 3.3.19052 works fine with my Sync3.

Currently, I want to update to Sync3 3.4.xxxx also using Syn3 Updater, repeat the same operations, however it seems that the update is not happening, Sync3 does not display the update progress. Tried Master Reset several times, still no change. Tried 3.4.19101, 3.4.30136 and 3.4.23188, no nav of course.

My USB installation logs: Syn3 Updater Log - CyanLabs
My AsBuilt Decoder (3.3.19052): SYNC 3 & 4 APIM AsBuilt Decoder - CyanLabs

Any advice or suggestion for me? I want to try the reformat method, but I don’t see my hardware model (HS7T-14G370-GBD) on the AIPM Hardware Database to check MY20, so I’m afraid of the risk.

SYNC Region: ROW

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.0.16074

New SYNC Version: 3.3.19052

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/sync3/syn3-updater-log/?uuid=1ee964af-24c3-627c-9aee-0242ac120009

I just looked up HS7T-14G370-GBD on Google and it came back to Fusion 2017.

Why have you included an AsBuilt? What were you tweaking?

Still original. My car is Everest Trend 2017, I just learned about upgrading to Sync 3, so I was afraid there was something wrong so I posted everything I found.

Hello

That’s not correct. If you went from 2.x to 3.3 you already reformatted the unit.
So unless something changed between then and now, it’s not MY20 and you can reformat it.

With a red screen, right?. Yep, that’s a reformat installation.

About going to 3.4, have you tried a different USB pendrive?, we had some issues reported with Lexar. Also, make sure no other USB device is connected to the car…

Could you please provide an interrogator log output?.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for reply

Yes, error message with red screen.

I haven’t tried it with another USB, didn’t expect that Lexar might have problem because I used the same USB to upgrade to 3.3.

Please check my log, I creat it after get 3.3 successfull
Sync_MVC2005W_MNCAXXMAWAHJ28064.xml (10.0 KB)

Thanks.

You won’t be able to upgrade the unit until more space is made available.
You have only about 920MB free, and around 1.7GB is required.

So follow this guide → Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 , you need to install the small voice package to see how much space you end up with after that…

Once you make enough room, you will be able to upgrade.

Which language do you require to be installed on the unit?.

1 Like

Just English, I dont need any other.

One more thing, in my Sync3 3.3 the key board is not QWERTY layout, there is only 1 ABCD layout. Does 3.4 has QWERTY layout? If no, is there any way to change the layout to QWERTY?

I will follow the guide and report later. Thank you so much

@SaNdMaN Thank you so much, successfully upgraded to 3.4.23188 with my Lexar USB.

Method:

• Create Small voice PKG USB by Syn3 Updater, connect to my Sync 3 => get 2.5Gb free
  • Create USB with 3.4.23188 with reformat (original file, no editing), connect to Sync 3
  • Master Reset each time before plugging USB

One more thing, in my Sync3 now there is only ABCD keyboard layout when entering Wifi password, tried searching but no other layout appears… Is there any way to add/change the layout to QWERTY?

Glad it worked, thank you for the feedback.
Keep in mind you might have to follow this guide should you decide to update in the future. It would be good for you to run an interrogator now and see how much free space you have, since that decides things.

Since you do not need other language than English, you can leave the small voice package installed since it has English.

About the keyboard, I would not know.

1 Like

No QWERTY in Sync 3…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.