Compatable ACM for F250 replacement

Hello,

I have a 2019 F250 with a dead ACM. I confirmed the ACM is the problem by swapping it with a known working unit.

The part # I currently have is KC3T-18D818-BA. There is not much availability on a replacement of this part number, and they are quite expensive. Hoping to find some alternate part numbers to look for a more reasonably priced replacement.

The ACM is AM/FM/Sirius, hooked up to a Sync 1 APIM (FL3T-14B428-RB) with the 4" non-touchscreen.

I’m not looking to upgrade any features (unless HD radio can be found cheaply.) It’s a work truck that just needs a working radio. I know my way around Forscan for any configuration/programming needs. Thanks!

You should be able to drop in your factory AB and if you use Sirius you’ll have to call them to get the ESN swapped.

KC3T18D818CA is the part number for the HD radio, but you need to have the 8" screen in order to access the HD enable button on the radio settings. The button is also something that has to be enabled in the APIM, as far as I know you can do that with the 4" screen.

Okay, so if I follow your explanation HD radio is not compatible with the Sync 1 non-touchscreen system. Glad to know that.

Do you know of any other standard AM/FM/Sirius ACM part numbers that I could look for as a replacement?

Thank you!

In general, KC3T18D818Cx is Sirius/HD capable while KC3T18D818Bx is AM\FM\Sirius only.
If you’re looking on eBay, the easiest way to tell is by the number of antenna connectors and color.
Single black is AM\FM,
One black, one mustard is AM\FM\Sirius.
Sirius rides on the mustard cable.

Got it. I’ve seen many other eBay ACMs that have an identical connector layout to what I have already, but not sure if they’ll ‘work.’ How about from a different model, like an F150? This post lists some

The KC3T-18D818-BA (or 18D818) will likely not work for a replacement for the older truck due to wiring differences and the need for adding additional wiring if SiriusXM equipped. You should be looking for a pre-2019 ACM with similar features.

There are several FL3T-14B428-RB available: FL3T-14B428-RB - Google Search

Hello,

I think there’s a bit of confusion here. I have a 2019 F250 with a (broken) KC3T-18D818-BA ACM. You’re linking to replacement APIMs, which is not my issue.

This was the confusion.

KC3T-18D818-AA is a basic radio.
KC3T-18D818-BA adds Sat Radio.
KC3T-18D818-CA is a direct replacement with Sat Radio and HD Radio.

You don’t need to look for strictly KC3T model radios. This is only the designation for the vehicle line the radio is installed into. A radio from a Fusion, etc., will work as long as it is the same form factor, using the same connectors. You can use the mounting tabs from the old radio on most Ford ACM’s.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.