Cyanlabs ford sync 3.4 keeps asking to update, becoming less responsive

Ford sync was updated to 3.4 cyan labs approximately a year ago. Has started asking if I want auto updates when I turn on. Phone connection issues/partial functionality. What can I do to fix? Thanks

I’m not sure why you didn’t use the template nor provided any relevant information other than “it does not work as it should”…

Having said that, what version is the unit running?.
Also: there’s no “cyanlabs’ Sync3”, all packages are Ford’s.

I missed the template. I updated from 3 to 3.4, build 22251 about a year ago. First issue I noticed was it asking if I want to do automatic updates and sync diagnostics. I selected no but it comes back every time the vehicle is turned on. I get messages saying my phone isn’t connected, yet if I make a call using my phone itself, it does connect through the vehicle speaker. It seems the backup camera video is getting fuzzy. And the presets on the radio are slow to populate with presets. I can add more when I get to a computer later if needed.

Ok, you need to get out of that build, since it’s has a bug.
Your rwdata partition is full, causing the issue.

You need to follow this guide and install the latest Sync3 version available → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates (Solved)

Also turn off wifi as you are no longer under the Ford site ‘umbrella’.

Actually, you can leave Wi-Fi enabled, just turn off auto updates. Although with a 2017 F-150 it should not matter.

Thanks for all the replies, I will try to update per instructions as recommended. As for WiFi, it seems from memory that I had turned it off to prevent a ford update. About time the issues started, it was asking me if I wanted it turned on. I’ll try the suggestions and hopefully it works. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.