Escape - getting ready for 3.0 to 3.4

Hello

Ford Escape Titanium 2018.
I would like to upgrade this Escape to latest 3.4 version. It originally came with 2.3 and its a NAV unit. I have made it to version 3.0 with the official Ford path but thats the highest version I can get here.

Here is the interrogator log i got after 3.0 upgrade
Sync_LW9F0037_WF0CP6B93J1Cxxxxx.xml (10.3 KB)

Im curious about the following topics before diving into Syn3Updater:
*How can I verify the region this APIM is currently on? For Latin american market, I have always been doubful about whether to use US or SA region when upgrading the NAV APIMS. Is there a way to retrieve current region?
*Can i limit the upgrade to v3.4 to only the app, leaving the old maps (SA 1.16)? I dont want the upgrade to take forever
*Should I run the RW data clean up prior to upgrading to 3.4?

Thanks

Hello.

LA is not NA. You could use Forscan for that, check this value → https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/sync3-apim/?search=Country%2520Code%2520%252F%2520Region%2520Setting#database
Having said that, that does not necessarily mean it’s the original value since it can be changed…

No, 3.4 is not compatible with 3.0 maps. Plus, you have to reformat the unit for isntalling 3.4 since the partition layout changes, and because of this you can’t go back to 3.0.

No.

Thanks

This is what i see when checking maps version

I have checked AsBuilt data for my truck and APIM is assigned to Colombia.

7D0-02-01 434F 0104 40B1

Based on this, can i go region ANZ when upgrading to 3.4?

Im still not sure whether APIM is currently under ANZ region or not and Aim afraid i might damage something if i choose the wrong region :frowning:

So… do you think Colombia is part of North America?. :eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Correct.

Sorry if my rhetorical comment bothered you. Thanks for your reply

Oh don’t worry about it, it didn’t bother me (hence the emoticons).
Let us know if anything else is needed.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.