Failed 21194 to 22048 upgrade

cool, ill take a look and find a J or K series. Really do appreciate all the help! I’ll let you know how it turns out

Use this to find some part numbers to eBay search for https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/sync3-apim-hw-db/

Progress!! Got a K series in and got it installed. Everything seems to be working great except for SiriusXM button doesn’t do anything. Did a master reset on it just to be safe with same results. it’s running 3.4 build 22195 (if i remember correctly). I do also have an apim dtc that won’t clear. Pulled the as built and noticed the following lines are different from my previous version sync3 apim

7d0-01-01
7d0-01-02
7d0-02-01
7d0-06-01

Didnt want to adjust anything without y’alls input on that. Thoughts? Just match up those 4 lines? I went through the apim db but some of the options I didn’t quite understand, though nothing just straight jumped out as to be the culprit

I can take a look at it tomorrow and get back to you. Send me you VIN via PM…

What is the part number of the APIM?

Did the original APIM and config work? If so just apply that one to your new apim, take a backup to be safe.

Otherwise yeah @F150Chief will sort you out :slight_smile:

Sent F150 the vin, but to answer your question yes no probs with previous config. Figured it would probably be ok to match up but now a little gun shy and figured I’d better ask first

1 Like

I have this one in my F150, no issues.

See you PM for asbuilt info…

Boom!!! Worked like a champ! Also no more DTCs!

2 Likes

Appreciate all the hard work from everyone!

1 Like

I have a follow up question, let me know if I should kick it over to a new topic. I’ve noticed that my phone stays attached to my radio bluetooth (and the AA wireless bluetooth that attaches to the usb hub in the dash) hours after the truck has been turned off and locked. I’ve done some digging and I see some references to changing the powerpoint in the BCM but that hasn’t been touched with any of what we’ve worked on. Any ideas of where that might be coming from? I looked in the apim db but didn’t see anything that jumped out as related.

Are you sure the APIM is turning off? depending on asbuilt it can be that it’s only massively dimming the screen.

On top of that and based on what you are saying, it seems that your APIM is not powering off.

Have you checked this?

Screen isn’t turning off when car powered off
If you are having issues where the APIM doesn’t turn off after the car ignition is off and door opened:
In ForScan set the APIM As-Built 7D0-06-01: x1xx-xx
In UCDS set the APIM DEO5 > “illumination Gateway” to C1MCA

Do you have a way of measuring the power consumption while “off”?.

I’ll check that tonight and see. I’ll check when it turns on as well, but pretty sure the Ford Logo pops up if that indicates anything. I can throw a multimeter on the battery but not sure that’s going to show me much, cant imagine the draw would be much. What other ways could I look to see if it’s on?

I had that exact same thing happen to me. @F150Chief had me change my asbuilt from CGEA1.3 to C1MCA on my APIM and it solved all of that! I can’t look it up as I am headed out the door, but I am sure someone will get it for you.

1 Like

Yup and thats exactly what i was leaning towards :slight_smile:

Once again y’all are nails. It was a zero, changed to a 1 and as soon as I opened the door the Bluetooth dropped. Awesome! Thanks everyone

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.