Ford SYNC 3 - Automated Method - Update to 3.4

Discussion topic for Ford SYNC 3 - Automated Method - Update to 3.4

Difficulty: Intermediate

A guide on updating your Ford Sync 3 based car to the latest Sync 3.4 version using Syn3 Updater to make the process as simple as possible for you!

Originally published at: Easily Update SYNC 3 Using Our Automated Method - CyanLabs

1 Like

This Sync 3.4 update (build 22251) worked well, and thanks to CyanLabs for posting the file to download. I appreciate it. It is nice not to have the severe-delay response of the Sync 3 to a screen request. The “Biden-brain” lag is gone!! I installed this update in late December 2022.

1 Like

Hi all,
I just used the updater to get from SYNC 3 to 3.4 and also new maps. The process worked flawlessly. My 2018 Mustang GT would not update at all using the Ford web page and instructions. I followed the FORD instructions to the letter, and no dice. The Cyan USB update was smooth and after downloading the files onto a USB it took just over 27 minutes to get the update installed.

2 Likes

Glad it worked out for you :slight_smile:

I tried the official ford update via usb and got the "updating system software " message on the top.

I reset the APIM and did a master reset.
Message gone.
I used this update and the update went through.
One annoying bug with 1.0 was that it didn’t remember my home network password.
I just did this 2 days ago, haven’t explored everything yet…kudos to the people(s) behind this…the latest NA 2 21 maps is nice.

Hi,
Updated my Fiesta 2018 titanium yesterday.
50 min of stress but everything is good !
thank you so much for your works !

Nico

Can 3.3 build 18201 be updated to 3.4

Yes

Thanks! Just finished it and working great.

1 Like

I’m prob not asking this in the right place but I have a 2019 Escape.
Current software is 3.0.20204
What is the highest version to update from here and what advantages will I get if I do update it?
If there is a page I’m missing that shows this information apologize in advance but this site is difficult to navigate for a first time user.
Thanks!

You are correct, it’s not the place.

3.4.23088, basically new UI and maps.

If you have further questions please do not post them here since it’s offtopic: create a new thread instead.

Ford Focus 2017 from USA but car was imported to Poland.
I had sync 3.3 19052 + maps F8
I wanted the new update sync for Europe + maps and during update I got error:

What goes wrong? How can I fix it?

1 Like

Post a new topic using our SYNC 3 template, New SYNC 3 Issue - CyanLabs

Jak sobie poradziłeś z tym ekranem?

Hi Marcin

Sorry for all but i will continue on polish/ Sprawa była prosta ekran mówił o braku miejsca znaczy kompilcja była nie odpowiednia… ja miałem ekran update i dopiero 3 kompilacja pomogła… niesty wgrałem usa bez navi orginał na usa bez navi nowszy soft i poszło… bez problemu.

I just configured my flash drive for Sync3 update from version 1 to 3.4, but nothing is happening when I insert the flash into my Ford Escape 2016. What could be wrong please?

My Sync3 is updated now. It was apparently running in the background. However, it got updated to 3.0, and not 3.4 as I specified in the Syn3 Updater.

Also, my Map is not showing new areas. So i want to confirm if Syn3 Updater also updates Maps.

Update: Everything is all set. I’m good now

1 Like