FordPass not working

Yep. Either the cell carrier is wrong or you are in a non-licensed or sanctioned country.

But he previously worked in my country without any problems.

Belarus or Russia, is there any difference?

You could ask your local Ford reps. Unfortunately if it’s just a carrier of country difference thing there is nothing we can do.

The local Ford dealer does not have access to the Ford database. Sanctions.

So that makes perfect sense.
TCU with power on it was able to roam on a Russian network as it had previously logged in to Ford’s servers.
TCU loses power, powers up and can’t connect to a valid network so it doesn’t work, vehicle is driven where it is in coverage and the TCU is able to login and goes back on line.

English is not my native language. Maybe I didn’t quite understand what you wanted to say, but FordPass works perfectly in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. It worked for me for a year without problems and continues to work for my friends now. Perhaps this is some kind of temporary glitch?

In general, is there an official statement that FordPass can block the modem?

Yes there is. They will usually only block your Fordpass access and not the modem though. Only case I have heard is when they detect a 3rd part app access your Fordpass account.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. That is, they do not technically block the modem itself? I know about the account.

Ford can block the modem by cancelling service but I have never heard of them doing such. Those things send a lot of data that they sell to insurance companies and others that will pay for it.

1 Like