Help Needed

Hi people.
So im having issues with my audio.
I have learnt alot looking at your forum and
various other sites.
Didnt realise you could do so much but still cannot find answers that im looking for.
So basically ive upgraded my audio in my 2023 transit custom ms-rt.
I bought a loom so i could get 2 rca outputs to run a amplifier replaced the front door speakers and replaced all wiring.
So the problem i have is no audio from voice command promts when i press the button on the steering wheel and no sat nav promts. I can here the dab dim when i would expect the promt but no voice.
The other issue is when i connect my phone via Bluetooth or wire everything connects but no sound.
The dab and fm work fine though.
I feel like ive missed a plug or the loom i bought isnt correct. Really scratching my head.

You will need to wire your voice prompts and notifications thru the replacement amp, or mic then somehow. There are various aftermarket devices that can do that for you, but you will need to do some rewiring, I suspect.

The issue here is that the voice prompts, etc., are separate from the audio in Sync systems. Depending on the model, they can be integrated either in the ACM or DSP.

What system are you replacing or modifying? It would help to have the info like that…

Hi thanks for replying.
So im not replacing anything as such just swapping out front speakers for aftermarket ones and adding subs later so needed rca connectors. Bought a specific made loom on ebay for my model and year of transit (not to say thats right).
Ive put in the new loom, speakers and amp all new speaker wires too.
Im coming to idea that the new loom maybe be missing a pin to the stereo that controls the things ive lost but im only guessing.
What you say about rewiring something sounds right but without knowing what wires do what im in the dark.
Note# i had to remove both plugs from back of radio one i guess is the positive earth etc the other i would guess is speaker wires.
I had to plug the one with the positive into a plug on the new loom and then back into th radio bit like piggy back i suppose but the plug that im thinking is speaker wires is left out as the new loom has a plug on it that then turns into rca line out converter. So now all my speakers come from the converter to an amp.

We need to know what trim level and radio/Sync system you have to be able to help.

Ok ill have a look in the morning as very late now in uk.
On a side note do you know what the grey plug does?

Audio and control…

Black plug…

Gray Plug…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.