Intermittent Black Screen

Hey, that’s good to know.
If I were you, I would not disassemble it just yet.
If it’s working fine, leaving it as it is would be a good test to see if your previous issues were caused by 22251 somehow.
I’m saying this because it’s quite strange that the reports we got about intermittent black screens were from people running 22251, no other builds reported so far.
Should 22251 cause any issues, your last successful master reset should had cleared that.
Keep in mind that master reset is required after a reformat process.

So, I would let it be for the time being.
Should the issue arise again then yes, you can always check the cabling.

Take care.

I will leave it alone and see how it does.
Thanks again

It is a good weekend to add the extra 2 wires though. The reason is Sirius is doing a free Memorial day week and you could use that to see if everything works right.

After updating to version 23088, I haven’t noticed this issue anymore. It seems it’s fixed

Good idea, I believe I should have spares in both those connectors that I can reassign to the correct pin out. I have heard that the F150’s in the same year have spares, I’ll see if the F350 does and I’ll post tomorrow.

Didn’t work My APIM is JS7T-14G371-JED and my ACM is HC3T-19C107-CK. I was wondering if I changed the ACM to a LT4T-18D818-CC, would it fit in the F350? (bracket change) Or do I need a
KL3T-18D832-FJ

You need to look for an ACM that has an 8 Digit ESN on it. Those are the Sirius 360L ACM’s. I would go with a K series if you can find one. The H you have is too old and the L series could be a Sync 4 one that MAY not play nice. I have an L series so I know one that will work are out there.

Just adding 2 wires alone would never work. ACM must be upgraded.

Ok thanks, if I wanted to upgrade my APIM what series is the highest I could go? K2GT-14G370-CBH? or anything manufactured before Nov 2019 I believe thats when the L series came out in 2019.

You can go as high as you want on the APIM but a K series would be the best. I went L series on mine but you have to know all the tricks to getting it updated without Cyanlabs.

With a K series you have a good APIM that can be easily updated with Cyanlabs.

Thanks, I like my XM SIRIUS so I’d like all the channels and any logos and art work that will show up. This truck, I bought it new in 17 an XL 6.7 crew cab and for 6 yrs I have been upgrading it as a hobby, I went from a standard plain key and manual windows 4" sync to a keyfob key with remote start, power everything including tailgate to a 8" sync 3 and level 3 instrument panel along with about 20 other upgrades, and places like this and FTE have been a great learning place and a wealth of knowledge, in my 42 yrs as an electrician I work on and build network main frames fire alarms, access control, automation, PLC’s intrusion and proximity systems, so using FORScan on my truck is fun. Thanks again for your help.
Matt

I have done the same with my Explorer. It was a PIU and now has more than a newer Limited.

FYI I found out my APIM is a Chinese rebuild (not 100% Ford) so I’m sure that was a factor in the black screen intermittent, however on this build 21265 its been working as it should, so semi hardware issue and semi software issue. So not wanting a less than 100% Ford Product I am going to replace the APIM in the very near future. I will take the advice as to get a K series APIM only I really don"t know the differences between a 14G370 or a 14G371 or the K*** and the letters after I do want navigation, looking for input, and the black screen has been solved. Thanks again for all your help!
Matt

As long as it starts with a K your fine.

Correct me if I’m wrong but looking on line for an K series APIM and what I figure the best way to tell if it has navigation is the donor vech as built by looking at DE00/7D0-01-02 x*xx-xxxx-xxxx

• being Navigation Aplication

If you have the VIN yes that’s the best way in my opinion. There is also a reference chart here on Cyanlabs. You can do a web search on the PN# but I find that can be wrong, so I don’t 100% trust it.

I will warn you though the Mustangs came with a ton of NON Nav K series APIMs and they are all over the internet.

Whats your thought on a LC3T-14G370-BCH APIM Snyc 3 with a KL3T-18D32-CH ACM? I’ve been running a lot of as built 2019 & 2020 from auto salvaged trucks (F250 & F350s vin #) all the ones I ran 2019s have JR3T-14G371 ver APIM and a KC3T-18D818 ACM the 2020s have LC3T-14G370 APIM and LC3T-18K810 ACM

The L series APIM is a 2020 module so you cant reformat it. That makes upgrading it a little more challenging. K series APIM’s are the way to go. Just be careful on the ACM’s that it did not come from a Sync 4 system as many do not have Sirius Traffic if you care about that.

How do you tell if the ACM is from a Sync 4 system, not that I care about Sirius Traffic, and would that be the only issue. Thanks

If you know what it came out of than look at the brochures and you will know. Otherwise search the part number on the internet and see if you can find out.

Thanks, I did something similar last night with a 2020 Expedition from a used car sale ran the vin number at https://www.ford.com (find a ford window sticker) and it gave me all the options of the car. something else I discovered APIMs for sale a lot of them have stickers (part #) LC3T-14G370-BCH but when I load the as built .ab into as built explorer the part number comes up as 5U5T-14G371-CKF and same thing with the ones labeled K come up as JR or 4U. So I am going to stick with early 2020 manufacture dates and 8 digit SDARS and make sure the as built has Nav SDARS and HD Sync 3.