Is there a map for Nigeria (West Africa) in SYNC 3.4 and can I change my region from NA to West Africa during the update

Hello Community,

Please, let me know if it is possible to change my map from North America to West Africa using the SYNC3.4 updater.

I purchased the car in America but will be using it in my home country - Nigeria. Will this work for me without any issues, or do I have no option but to rely on Android Auto for navigation.

My car is a Ford Explorer 2017 currently on SYNC3 v3.0.20204.

Thank you in advance for the anticipated response(s).

Unless you update to Sync 3.3 or 3.4 via reformat, you will not be able to update the maps to West Africa from North America. You must reformat the APIM to change regions, and you will need to make several APIM asbuilt changes with the proper programming tool and OBD2 adapter. This is similar to replacing NA maps with ROW-NNG maps. This tutorial will show you the general things that need to be done.

Tutorial: Installation of ROW (NNG) Maps on NA 32GB Sync 3 APIM - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

From the link you posted, i gathered that the RoW does not include a map for Nigeria and the only African country is South Africa. I will just pass and continue using Android maps as I dont have the tools to do the APIM reset.

Once again I say thank you

ROW-NNG maps cover South Africa and North Africa as regions.

1 Like

so sad West Africa aint covered :pensive:

Thanks again @F150Chief

Sorry, you misunderstood my statement, ROW-NNG maps cover Southern Africa and Northern Africa as separate areas, and cover the following countries:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Also, you have enough storage space on the APIM to load the complete ROW-NNG map set, so you can load all of Africa without issue. But you must update to Sync 3.3 or 3.4 via reformat to do this.

Yipee - Nigeria is covered. Please can I clarify on which method that I can use to do the update considering my car was imported from North America

1.) Can you just use the SYNC 3 updater 2 and download the SYNC3.4 with ROW map ?

1. Or I need to follow the procedure that requires some special tools which you sent me the link here - Tutorial: Installation of ROW (NNG) Maps on NA 32GB Sync 3 APIM

Crossing my fingers that the answer is Number 1

Sorry, you have to use method 2.

Hello Bro, by chance is there a video that details the step by step instruction for the APIM programming, cause it is my first time trying to use the FORSCAN.?

FORScan Tutorial Links - FORScan - Docs - CyanLabs Official Community

Since we didn’t hear back from you, this thread will be closed after 48 hours since the last response.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.