Issue with "Updating Software" and nothing happening

Thank you all, but the problem is that my sync is on 3.4.20196 i want to update to the latest version, i installed everything on the flash but when inserting the flash on sync 3 it gives updating software all the time nothing happens, i thought it from the large file from the map, …still this issue, any help plz

I separated your message since you posted it in a 6 months thread, completely unrelated. Please keep the forums clean and organized.

Post your logs and give us information such as current version, desired one, if you have nav or not…

Do not report the thread, just answer with the requested information on the thread.
It’s easier to post the information than reporting a message.

What is your SYNC Region?
ROW
What is your current SYNC Version?
Do you have Navigation?
NO
Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

----NO

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

Please describe in detail your issue below

WANT TO INSTALL LATEST SYNC VERSION BUT THE UPDATER AUTODETECT GIVES DOWNGRADE WHILE IM ON 3.4.2096 AND WANT TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST? IS IT SAFE SHALL I GCONTINUE?

I’ve merged your messages since they are related.
Please, again, keep the forums clean and organized.
There’s no point in creating 439 similar messages all over the place, so use THIS thread from now on for your questions.

The app does not detect that as downgrade, so most likely you are doing something wrong.
Check your settings please, and post screenshots of both your current settings and desired configuration. If you already created an USB, post the logs.

I’ve been asking for this information for some days, and yet you failed to provide them.
This is the 2nd time we are asking for this information, and the 2nd time I’m asking you to keep the forums organized.

I hope if i could PM YOU?

You are most likely opting to install maps again instead of “keep existing maps”.

Selecting to keep your current maps should switch it to AutoInstall.

Yes, i also kept the existing maps but the problem in both cases stuck on UPDATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE, and nothing happens,while the display still work but if i power on radio the message disappears…

Gotcha, this is a common problem and is usually related to the unit running out of storage space. Please follow the guide here:

Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Thanx alot, i think the problem is as follow:
My car 2016 not equipped with sync 3, i installed one with the navigation button activated already, and it was giving navigation malfunction, i tried to update the maps thinking it is APIM with Navi but it looks like it is not, and only the navigation button activated (fooled out), is there a way to delete the maps?

Yes, you will likely have to remove Gracenotes, install a smaller voice file, downgrade to 3.3, and then reformat to the latest ROW version without maps.

You can create USBs to do all of this via the updater app in the utilities section.

Solved, You were very helpful, thanx alot…best regards…

4 Likes

Glad you made it work, enjoy it.

This thread, since it’s been solved, will be closed after 7 days of the last response.

May i know whats is the importance of gracenotes?
Because i deleted it to free space.

Art work for the media player

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.