MEM size does not change after removal of GraceNote

What is your SYNC Region?
ROW

What is your current SYNC Version?

Do you have Navigation?
NO

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
NO

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

</d2p1:ECUAcronym>

<d2p1:ODLNetwork d2p1:Pins=“6,14” d2p1:DLCName=“SAE J1962” d2p1:NetworkProtocol=“CAN” d2p1:NetworkName=“HS-CAN” d2p1:NetworkDataRate=“500”/>

-<d2p1:AdditionalAttributes vmcuVersion=“Vector_VMCU_02.02.20” RAM=“1517817856” logGeneratedDateTime=“2021-05-22T12:56:41+00:00”>

<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“163M” total=“1.9G” type=“/fs/Nuance/”/>

<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“1.1G” total=“1.2G” type=“/fs/rwdata/”/>

<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“505M” total=“1.4G” type=“/fs/mp/”/>

<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“260K” total=“91M” type=“/fs/mp/resources”/>

<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“923M” total=“3.0G” type=“/fs/images/”/>

d2p1:InstallationLog/

Please describe in detail your issue below

Hello,

After downgrade to 3.3 without GraceNote, i tried to install it manually
checked APIM storage remaining it is showing as the log below
(<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“923M” total=“3.0G” type=“/fs/images/”/>)

after running removal of GraceNote

The Storage still remain unchange, Did i do somthing wrong ?
or is this all storage i have without GraceNote ?

Cheers!

You said you downgraded WITHOUT gracenotes… If that’s true, there’s nothing to remove, hence the storage not changing after trying to remove something that’s not there…

You can confirm if you actually have gracenotes installed by checking the “about sync” section in the unit or by listing the ISVUs…

1 Like

Hi, As i know my car comes originally with Gracenote, now after upgrade and rolled back i tried to manually install, i got error MEM ERR03, i guess this points out to insufficient storage

From what I understand there should always be available space for GraceNote if it was there before ?

Or How do i go about this ?

Cheers!

Have you read my previous message?.
Confirm if you have gracenotes or not.

No i don’t have it, there is no version showing in Gracenote

The vehicle probably came with Gracenotes with Sync 3.3, but not 3.4. Sync 3.3 is half the size of 3.4 and would allow the installation of the Gracenotes package. From the storage numbers above, you installed 3.4 on this unit previously and have downgraded the unit.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to upgrade to Sync 3.4? Stay at 3.3 with Gracenotes?

Maybe this will help…

Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Hi Chief,

i am trying to stay in 3.3 with GraceNote, but seems to not have enough space to do that.

What if i replace the with the small voice pkg, will i be able to again some space ?
Currently my Voice pkg is 4U5T-14G391-BJ which is 1.4 GB

Thanks !

I see that you are in Thailand. Replacing the voice package with the smaller versions will restrict you to English. You will not be able to have Thai language. If that is ok, then that would be a solution. Usually, we replace the large voice packages to gain storage, then replace the larger package in the installation.

NOTE: Just a note here about Gracenotes, that in the Sync system it is only used for USB playback. It is not used for CarPlay or Android Auto, or any satellite or AM/FM broadcasts. Those sources are supposed to pass the information into the Sync system via their respective methods/software. So if you don’t use music on a stick, it’s pretty useless. It’s up to you what you want to do…

Specifically to your case, to stay with Sync 3.3.19052, you would use the following files. However, since the unit only has 8GB of storage, this will not fit with GN.

4U5T-14G381-AN 480Mb Sync3 v3.3.19052
4U5T-14G391-FJ 1.3Gb Sync3 v3.2.19049 (ROW)
4U5T-14G423-FC 924Mb Sync3 v3.3.20342 1.1.1.2325 (GL-0011) (ROW)

If you were to replace the voice file with the NA version with English only, It would work. In this case just follow the instructions in the tutorials.

Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Thanks, I always thought Gracenote is the source use to display Album artwork when using bluetooth connection.

what if i don’t have album artwork where should i look at ? it only show the music note picture
i remember i had it on Version 3.0
but it is fine with phone cable connection

That might be true, but I haven’t used that for some time, so I probably forgot…

Sync 3.0 versions are much smaller footprint and can have GN along with the app and voice files. The newer versions are larger and just no room in the APIM with 8GB. You could replace the APIM with a newer model with more storage, and add NAV. In your case you would only need 32GB, since row maps are only 5-6GB in size.

2 Likes

Thanks Chief,
I have successfully installed all apps in my 8GB APIM with V 3.3 and i have album art showing up.

It doesn’t matter for me for NA voice, I didn’t aware that it had Thai voice command before, i only use English

1 Like

That’s great, enjoy. Glad to help…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.